Category Manager - Ranir (German speaking)
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Ranir is the global leader in private label oral care and is a division of Perrigo Consumer Self-Care International (CSCI).
Perrigo Consumer Self-Care International (CSCI) is a world leader in developing, manufacturing, marketing, and distributing well-known European self-care brands in the natural health and vitamins, cough, cold and allergy, oral care, smoking cessation, personal care and derma-therapeutics and lifestyle categories.
Ranir is an added value player in the oral care business, predominantly in private label, and considered a consultative seller partner to many big retailers in Europe. Since becoming part of Perrigo in July 2019 Ranir has expanded capabilities to deliver significant growth through its branded oral care portfolio, with the N1 US oral care brand Plackers (www.plackers.com). Ranir follows very aggressive growth ambitions, accomplishing the target by organic growth and M&A.
Germany is the fastest growing market for Ranir with significant contribution of global top and bottom line growth. To be successful in hitting their targets, Ranir is looking for an ambitious and driven category manager to join the team, managing and driving channel and customer plans to the next level.
Reporting directly to the Customer Marketing Director the category manager will play an important role creating the category vision and strategy managing continuous insights and developing category plans with key customers in relevant channels. Working in conjunction with the sales and marketing teams you will be responsible for delivering the annual volume, profit and market share targets within the DACH markets.
Specifically but not exclusively, you will be responsible for:
- Support the Category Lead to define and implement the category strategy and plans
- Develop and own the category development relationship within the customer, taking the EU vision for the category and tailoring it to your customer you will influence key retail contacts (category / commercial) to implement the key category growth initiatives.
- Deliver insight driven category plans in all elements of the customer plan
- Analytical support in the form of market data and competitive reviews providing insights on category opportunities, pricing and promotional strategy
- Preparation of account category reviews and insights in order to influence the range stocked by customers;
- Convert business and category opportunities into channel and customer specific selling stories
- Collaborate closely with sales and marketing teams to ensure development and recommendations of joint customer plans and implementation of shopper/consumer marketing activities that drives Ranir products visibility, ROS, recruitment, and market share within retail and online channels.
- Leadership of price and promotional activation through customers and channels. Including development of category price and promotional guidelines and working in partnership with sales to make changes to improve business unit results delivering against KPI’s
- Identify market opportunities by understanding customer requirements; defining market & competitor shares; competitor strengths and weaknesses; ad hoc research support.
- Monitor business, market, brands, and competition trends with setting of clear measures of success and KPIs
- Be an ambassador for championing the category voice and proactively supporting the EMEA&APAC category team
You will take on responsibility for a selection of retail customers with primary focus on Germany, in conjunction with the Customer Marketing Director EMEA&APAC, therefore fluency in German will be an absolute must to guarantee success within this role.
You will have built a solid experience in category management and acquired a strong understanding of the German and European retail FMCG environment. You will be comfortable analysing and drawing insights from most type of market, category and consumer data.
Minimum of 4 years’ experience preferably within FMCG, ideally health & beauty categories.
Uniquely you must have also shown the ability to work among the systems and structure which comes with being part of a global group but also balance this with the creative, entrepreneurial team spirit and ethos of a small team based at Finchley Road in London.
Competencies and skills:
- Successful track record at key retailers within category management /Trade marketing
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Solid multi-channel shopper/consumer marketing activation experience within FMCG
- Good commercial understanding
- Proficient in different type and sources of data (panel, epos, consumer research and market place reporting tools)
- Digital marketing knowledge or experience
- Fluent in German and English
- Experience interacting with both internal and external customers
- Team orientated, ability to connect and work cohesively with the team
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.