Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo Nutritionals is the world's largest producer of private label infant formula. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Building Mechanic at our Georgia, VT facility.
The requiring shift for this position is third, 11pm-7am.
Maintain and repair building, utility, HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning), and fire protection systems. All duties to be performed in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with current Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, and Work Instructions.
- Troubleshoot and maintain all facility and utility systems as necessary (steam, hot/cold industrial water, compressed air, etc.)
- Perform preventative maintenance to ensure all equipment remains in “as new” condition.
- Perform major plumbing/piping repairs and install new air lines, water lines, and waste lines as necessary.
- Operate emergency generator, process waste system, and miscellaneous systems throughout the facility. Document flows, usages, issues etc. as necessary.
- Train on the HVAC computerized system and all related components.
- Rebuild components such as valves, steam traps, and utility pumps.
- Provide training and technical support to set-up mechanics whenever required.
- Perform welding of parts and facility components.
- Maintain the facility, including outside work and snow removal.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, General Education Development (GED) or equivalency.
- Two plus years solid work experience in a variety of maintenance skills including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, painting, carpentry, welding, HVAC, etc.
- Demonstrated cooperative work conduct and the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Basic keyboard skills to access HVAC computerized system and maintenance work order computer system.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to read and work from blueprints.
- Technical certification in building trades, mechanical repair, or closely related area preferred.
Position Physical Requirements
- Lifting 50 pounds frequently with lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand, sit kneel or bend for long periods of time, as well as work at elevated heights and various climates (both hot and cold)
Perrigo has a comprehensive benefits package. Including:
- Health, Vision, and Dental at reduced rates
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus
- Profit Sharing
- 401 (K) with Employer Matching
- Starting three (3) weeks of vacation
- Tuition & Gym Reimbursement
- And More!
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.