Associate Brand Manager -Oral Care-Ranir
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are currently looking for an Associate Brand Manager for our Oral Care Division Ranir, a Perrigo Company located in Grand Rapids, Mi.
This position provides expertise to deliver Customized Oral Self-Care solutions to our strategic retailers. This position will be responsible for analyzing macro consumer, competitive, retailer and shopper trends to create the strategy for growth, as well as executing the plan flawlessly. Through deep understanding of the consumer Self-Care industry (deliberately caring for one’s mental, emotional, and physical health) , strategic retailers and professional marketing, the position will drive all consumer and customer brand marketing activities of the assigned business.
Strategy Development and Execution
- Development of new customized Oral Self-Care marketing platforms to drive market share and category sales and profit.
- Lead 0-12 month near term solutions for our customers as well as 18-36 month long range strategies to fill opportunistic whitespace. Partner with all internal functions to own and drive execution. Drive band market share and retailer sales and profit.
- Leverage macro market trends, competitive activity (omnichannel), and consumer and customer needs to identify growth opportunities. Engage in strategic discussions within the business and with our retailers to implement the strategy
- Execute annual marketing and business plans and develop on-going marketing materials, sales tools, and go-to-market strategies to support growth initiatives; managing expenses and timelines.
Translating Customer Strategy into Retail Execution
- Clearly understand the Self-Care strategies of our platinum retailers and connect them with Ranir’s Self-Care strategy to create unique oral care platforms that differentiate our retailers in the marketplace.
- Work closely with internal sales teams as well as trade marketing to developing unique product portfolios and launch plans to ensure successful launch of customized platforms. Leverage successful launch platforms with other global retailers to maximize our scale.
- Work closely with Sales, Trade Marketing and all internal stakeholders to execute launch plans.
- Leverage strong understanding of retailer shopper insights and category/competitive data to drive strategic decisions and develop business recommendations, resulting in strong product performance for retailers.
Translating Consumer Insight into Execution
- Drive development of differentiated marketing strategies, balancing consumer insights, syndicated data and top customer initiatives in a fast moving marketplace with new competitors and new emerging channels.
- Partner with external partners to develop exclusive Self-Care brands and platforms for our retailers. Leverage consumer/shopper insights to develop brand and product positioning platforms.
- Ensure integrity of marketing programming and messaging, from conception through execution, links highly with platform positioning, while retaining the ability to react to competitor and market conditions.
- Provide leadership in the development of product roadmaps and support R&D and Program Management in the success of new product development project execution.
- Make data-driven business recommendations and decisions that result in competitive products and strategies to meet organizational goals.
- Develop and execute annual business plan for current and futures exclusive Brands.
Leadership and Collaboration
- Provide leadership and collaboration to external and internal resources to deliver business goals to grow retailer and product performance, driving positive business results
- Support R&D functions in building the new product development pipeline including the voice of the customer, research and development, and the creation of robust business cases to support investments
- Work with Sales and Trade Marketing teams, and our retailers, to build unique, mutually supported product and marketing platforms.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SUCCESS
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Marketing or related field of study required; MBA from accredited institution preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in consumer-package goods (CPG) or related industry; optimally exposure to both Private Brands and Insurgent Branded consumer products
- Experience with direct field sales role/assignment, selling to retailers
- A strong history of success leading marketing initiatives to grow product revenue
- Proven history of developing successful new products from ideation through go-to-market execution
- Experience leveraging strong understanding of customer purchasing habits in consumer self-care and healthcare environments and syndicated category research (e.g. Nielsen / IRI) to drive fact-based recommendations and decision making to meet business goals
- Proven ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations from disparate data sources
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to present to executive leadership, internally and externally with retail partners. Successfully partner with cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a matrix environment to drive results
- Strong project management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with external agency partners and internal associates for desired results
- Ability to work with speed in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing projects and demands to quickly deliver customer solutions to market
- Exceptional proficiency with PC skills such as Word, Excel PowerPoint and with the ability to quickly learn various in-house software applications as needed
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.