Account Executive, Contract National Accounts
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are currently looking for an Account Executive for Contract National Accounts to join our Perrigo Sales Team in Grand Rapids, MI. Also open to remote possibility.
Account Executive, Contract National Accounts
The incumbent develops Perrigo’s business in the categories for which they are responsible at assigned accounts via effective account management practices and implementation of recommendations that grow Perrigo’s revenue and profit.
MAJOR DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sales & Margin - Leads development of objectives and implements strategies to achieve sales & margin plan at assigned accounts. This includes driving revenue growth on base and new products in year, extending/optimizing contractual agreements, driving penetration of our current portfolio and collaborating with the customer to drive innovation to grow the business in out years. Collaborates with account teammates, marketing, business development, R&D, supply chain, operations, and regulatory affairs to develop and present innovation ideas and creative solutions to support customer strategies. Utilizes available tools to identify margin improvement opportunities. Implements strategies and business practices to drive improved P&L performance.
Price Management - Responsible for executing all Price Management activities for which they are responsible at assigned accounts. In cooperation with project team, pricing department and finance, initiate and prepare costing for new products. Collaborates with account teams, finance and the pricing department to create pricing strategies and understand and incorporate market and competitive intelligence into all price negotiations.
Legal /Contractual Management - Responsible for executing legal agreements associated with assigned accounts. This includes, supply agreements, development agreements, confidentially agreements. This will also involve collaborating with business development and closing out new product development and licensing opportunities which will eventually lead to commercial supply. Engage with management and legal in the preparation and negotiation of contractual agreements.
Strategic Account Relationship - Successfully enhances business relationships with focus on the Buyers but also inclusive up to the Director level at the accounts for which they are responsible and across all necessary complementary departments, including business development, marketing, supply chain, R&D Leverage relationships to maximize Perrigo’s value as a partner and our business results.
Internal Project Management – Customer advocate inside Perrigo. Direct initiatives with internal departments within the categories for which they are responsible, to ensure new products, promotions and other account initiatives are developed and shipped on time. Works with Perrigo Project Managers, Customer Service, and Quality to develop and execute strategies to improve the customer experience. This includes maximizing service, our quality reputation, and maintaining flexibility in the eyes of the customer.
Administrative - Responsible for ensuring compliance to Perrigo & Customer administrative requirements. Collaborates with internal colleagues to ensure Perrigo resources and systems are understood and aligned to the needs of the customer.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field and 7+ years of professional experience, at least 3 of which are in Sales. Industry experience required.
- Previous Consumer Packaged Goods experience in direct selling to customers, demonstrated strong analytical skills and solid understanding of the selling process.
- Ideal candidate would have direct experience or have familiarity with marketing, business development and innovation functions in the OTC business.
- A blend of sales and marketing background is strongly preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively with scientists and technical staff from customers and within the Perrigo organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential, including oral and written communication. Collaborative; able to work as a member of a team.
- Able to interpret quantitative and qualitative information and use such information to develop actionable recommendations, with experience developing and executing against customer (or high-level account) strategies
- Works well under tight timelines, can manage hundreds of difference skus across multiple categories and has ability to prioritize work in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent judgment, follow-up, attention to detail and personal accountability
- Working knowledge of basic computer software and ability to communicate by email, telephone and in person.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.