Sr. Helpdesk Technician - Weekend 7 AM - 7 PM Shift (Sat, Sun, Mon)
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo is looking to add a Sr. Helpdesk Technician to their Information Systems team located in Allegan, MI. This will be a weekend shift position consisting of three 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM shifts (Saturday, Sunday, and Monday). The Sr. Helpdesk Technician will provide global Service Center support to end-users utilizing IT&S ITIL processes, procedures and guidelines to maximize utility of all of the company’s systems, applications and hardware, and ensure the integrity of end-user access.
- Incident and event management: Meet ITIL standards and company policies to record, classify, investigate and resolve cases reported by end users or system monitors
- Update and review Service Center knowledge base to ensure comprehensive information is readily available to all of the Representatives
- Problem Management: Work with IT engineering or applications staff to document complex or repetitive problems and work toward resolution of those problems
- Serve as a technical resource and mentor to less senior Service Center staff, and facilitate support within IT&S
- Knowledge of ITIL standards and familiarity with several of the company’s applications and operating systems, including Cisco, SAP, EDI, TMS, and Active Directory monitoring
- Ability to work with business users to investigate, diagnose and provide resolution of moderately-complex goals, and issues relating to systems access and other adverse incidents or events; and provide deployment and support of new technologies
- Understanding of phone and printer applications; account creation, locking and unlocking, and password reset technologies are required
- Ability to track several projects concurrently, and provide group membership updates and enhancements are essential
- Requires strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, verbal communication and documentation skills
- These skills are normally acquired through technical training in information technology, computer science, business information systems or a similar field, combined with 2 to 4 years of experience in an IT technical role, and previous experience in IT Service Center operations
- Appropriate ITIL Foundation certification and bilingual skills are preferred.