Dryer Assistant Operator
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo Nutritionals, located in Georgia, VT is looking to add a Dryer Assistant Operator at our Georgia, VT facility. The shift for this position is 6:00pm – 6:15am requiring shift, weekend, and holiday work (when applicable).
The Dryer Assistant Operator performs the proper sanitizing and cleaning of processing and production equipment to maintain a sanitary work environment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for environmental cleaning and sanitation of the process equipment and Manufacturing area on a daily basis.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly cleaning checklists.
- Assists Operators with labor duties related to CIP’s, normal dry cleans, wet washes, assembly/disassembly of equipment, silo switches, start ups & shut downs.
- Accurately and completely processes and handles animal feed and rework while complying with established Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Operate a vacuum sealing machine.
- Prepare and document all cleaning solutions and prep cleaning equipment for use by manually lifting and moving equipment and/or chemicals.
- Verifies the concentrations and effectiveness of sanitation solutions.
- Trained on chemical handling and use.
- Has willingness and ability to be cross-trained on different pieces of machinery in production.
- Operate and navigate computer and various applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Ability to read, write, communicate, and comprehend written instructions.
- Must be able to follow detailed written instructions.
- Previous janitorial experience is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, safety awareness, a commitment to quality, problem solving skills, dependability, and attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Bending, stooping and lifting up to 55 pounds on a regular basis is required.
- Standing and walking for 10+ hours of shift.
- Incumbent will be exposed to noise, extreme warm temperatures, chemicals, and industrial equipment and supplies.
- Candidate must be able to wear all required and necessary safety equipment and garments.
- Work from ladders, scaffolding and staging is required.
Perrigo has a comprehensive benefits package. Including:
- Health, Vision, and Dental at reduced rates
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus
- Profit Sharing
- 401 (K) with Employer Matching
- Starting three (3) weeks of vacation
- Tuition & Gym Reimbursement
- And More!
*This position is eligible for an internal employee referral bonus.