Assistant R&D Manager
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are excited to be recruiting an Assistant R&D Manager to join our Pharmaceutical and Cosmetics facility in Wevelgem. This individual will be awarded great scope of responsibility and the opportunity to develop their career. Under the guidance of the site R&D Manager, they will be responsible for creating and implementing the product formulas, steering the R&D validation protocols, and managing all innovation activities within the site.
Scope of the role:
- Responsible for the development of new formulations (in-house, 3th party collaboration), optimization of existing formulations (raw material change, corrective actions, preventive actions, out-of-specifications,) and transfer of formulations into the manufacturing facility from another manufacturing
- Planning as well as practical execution of the development plan in the R&D laboratory and the manufacturing facility whilst fostering a good cross-functional (QA, QC, engineering,…) & operational coordination in order to bring the formulation to production.
- You are the internal subject matter expert for follow up on issues related to formulation & galenic forms, this under supervision of the R&D manager. This translates itself in following up with production on laboratory test results of scale up & pilot batches and to guide the plant team to a full scale up towards commercial bulk
- Responsible to ensure all formulations are compliant with applicable regulations (e.g. GMP, ISO13485, HACCP, GMP for cosmetics, Biocides). Responsible for maintaining the proper documentation in line with these applicable
- Responsible for developing and setting-up of appropriate test methodologies for new formulations, when required. This includes, in order to brief QC, an initial indication on specifications of the defined analytical test parameters for these new formulations.
- Responsible for contact with suppliers of raw materials and external laboratories used during the development or reformulation of formulations. This includes, amongst others, the coordination of pre-clinical lab data for biological safety evaluation ( tox study,..) and the coordination of lab data on efficacy as claim support (ex-vivo studies).
- Responsible for scientific & technical support towards Innovation colleagues & other colleagues where applicable. This includes competitive analysis and mapping of formulations as well as ad-hoc literature research on certain components or ingredients for in-house
- Contribute to the Category Meeting and./or dedicated Project Meetings to have full awareness of the broader business perspective. Be the first point of contact for the plant for innovation and
- Support the different production departments, when required, in process validation & optimization, implementation of production improvements, etc…
- Educated to Master’s/ PhD level – Science/biotechnology/biochemistry/chemistry Discipline
- Fluency in English & Flemish
- Previous experience within a Manufacturing site and advantage
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace, highly regulated environment
- Proven ability to work cross functionally