Quality Assurance Technician - 3rd Shift
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo Nutritionals, located in Georgia, VT is seeking a QA Technician that is passionate about their job to support the food safety and quality standards our company upholds. This individual should enjoy working with others and have sound people skills. Required working hours are third shift, 11pm-7:30 am. Able to train someone with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
*The start date for this position is flexible.
- Provide quality input and support for the operations group. This includes providing quality support to plant operation by facilitating continuous improvement initiatives, assisting in investigations, and collaborating with plant personnel to identify and resolve compliance issues.
- Quality audits focused on compliance to requirements (FDA, cGMP, SQF, ISO, HACCP, etc.)
- Communicate and document findings from each audit focused on continual quality improvement and cGMP compliance.
- Escalate any food safety concerns.
- Develop/modify forms, work instructions and standard operating procedures as regulatory requirements change and helps train and incorporate these requirements as required.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Sound people skills
- An interest, understanding and passion for food safety and food quality
- Ability to learn quickly
- Comfortable with computer systems such as word and excel
- Must be a team player
- Experience working in an FDA regulated or food industry including a QA/QC role.
- Experience auditing and/or quality inspecting.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the interactions of complex business compliance practices.
- Understanding of Corrective Action and Preventive Action.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, not required.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.