Continuous Improvement Engineer
We strive to make lives better by bringing quality, affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The Technical Operations Continuous Improvement Engineer provides technical support as it relates to incident/deviation investigations for all commercialized products at Perrigo facilities within Michigan. This position evaluates product quality through deviation trend analysis to ensure products and processes are consistently produced within their quality attributes. Coordinates the investigation and follow-up processes for assigned site(s) using various analytical tools (FMEA analysis, Ishikawa diagrams, etc.) in collaboration with the appropriate departments, outside suppliers, vendors, and contract manufacturers. The CIE prepares investigations and incident reports and recommends corrective actions as necessary for all product and process issues. This position ensures timely completion of all investigations and corrective actions. Recommends disposition of all involved product to the Quality Unit. Exercises and builds basic team effectiveness skills and collaborates within a work group.
- Bachelor’s degree required - preferably in engineering, chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in this field is preferred.
- Familiarity with cGMP, FDA regulations, including experience with investigations and/or developing and recommending process improvements.
- Knowledge of principles, concepts and practices in pharmaceutical sciences and manufacturing processes.
- Well-developed interpersonal, organization and communication skills, ability to work effectively with staff members at all levels, strong technical writing skills, familiarity with cGMP and FDA regulations.
- Computer literacy with a working knowledge Microsoft Office (Excel and Word), and SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently on multiple concurrent projects with minimal guidance and to meet project deadlines.