Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are excited to be recruiting for an Engineering Manager to oversee the local Engineering & Maintenance function based at our Wevelgem, Belgium manufacturing site.
This position will ensure that the local Engineering & Maintenance team is well synchronized with the entire organisation and manages efficiently the different processes – e.g., preventive maintenance, solving technical breakdowns in a timely manner, validation and qualification of equipment, etc. – in order to manage and maintain optimal functioning of machines, equipment and the facility at all times.
- Lead the yearly preventative maintenance strategy and roll-out;
- Define preventative maintenance plan, in close collaboration with the production planning team
- Build strong partnership with Production team, having as final objective to have excellent performing machines / equipment
- Identify potential issues and preventative / corrective actions
- Ensuring safe working environment across the site, in close collaboration with EHS Lead
- Oversee the Engineering & Maintenance organisation (across three shifts) and promote the culture of team vs. silo-working, as well as the Engineering culture within the organization
- Manage maintenance / technical interventions (across the three shifts)
- Oversee day-to-day maintenance of equipment and facility
- Coach and train the team in order to have the Engineering function focused on the same objectives
- Define and manage Engineering KPIs
- Reduce (unplanned) downtime of key equipment (across all platforms / lines)
- Drive inventory optimization for technical parts
- Build stock policy for critical spare parts
- Maintain inventory
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives in view of e.g., change-over reductions
- Identify across the end-to-end processes any potential cost saving area and promote concrete initiative to get savings
- Play active role as leader of Engineering within the local Leadership team
- University Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in Engineering, especially in preventative maintenance and continuous improvement. Production experience is an advantage.
- 5 years of experience in people management
- Work experience in GMP environment
- Fluent in Dutch/Flemish, English and preferably also French
- Good networking and influencing skills
- Team player with a collaborative spirit and “can do” attitude
- Problem solving skills
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.