Automation Controls Engineer
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo Nutritionals, located just outside of Burlington, Vermont has an opening for a Automation Engineer. The Automation Engineer supports all aspects of Perrigo Nutritionals automation and control systems. Provide support and maintenance of manufacturing automation and control systems to minimize downtime. Identify and implement continuous improvement within Perrigo Nutritionals automation and control systems as well as modifying systems to meet new/changing process requirements. Support capital projects as needed. Work must be conducted in such a manner as to meet all FDA/GMP requirements. This position reports to the Process Automation Controls Group(PACG) Manager.
- Modifying Rockwell PLC and SADA programs. Configuration of Rockwell VFD’s. Writing technical documentation such as: Functional Descriptions, Functional Specifications, Test Documents, etc. Responsible for the creation and modification of electrical controls related drawings.
- Perform control hardware firmware updates and manage firmware revisions. Maintain control software on all Process Automation PC’s, manage updates, manage maintenance agreement, etc. Provide 24/7 plant support with a strong understanding of all of Perrigo Nutritionals processes. Manage numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Technical writing. Modify/generate Databases. Generate/provide extensive and detailed documentation to communicate work progress, engineering analysis/studies and regulatory compliance requirements
- Complete project execution (as required), consisting of system design and programming, documentation management, vendor/contractor management, equipment procurement, project schedule and budget adherence, as well as installation and start-up support.
- Develop and optimize operation and maintenance procedures for instrumentation and control systems. Trouble shoot, correct problems and provide technical support for new and existing systems. Develop validation documentation and implement validation plans
- Continually updates knowledge of appropriate cGMP, FDA, PMO, 3A, USDA, ADA, GAMP and other State and Federal regulations
- B.S. degree in Engineering required. Professional Engineer license desirable.
- 3 yrs Automation engineering and project design/management experience in food/pharmaceutical industry, preferably with evaporator/dryer manufacturing/dryer experience.
- Computer knowledge of FDA, cGMP, 3A, USDA, PMO, ISO.
- Effective writing and verbal skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, multi-tasking and prioritizing under pressure.
- Work in changing environment where teamwork and collaboration are required.
- Ability to develop and incorporate innovative concepts and technologies into functional processes.
- Ability to use and interpret analytical techniques to verify or select alternate design approaches.
- Excellent project engineering and project management experience.
- Highly proficient with application and design of programmable controls (PLC) hardware and software.
- Prior manufacturing or development of process control and instrument engineering experience.
- Experience with leading the design, programming, start-up, troubleshooting and validating of process control systems and instruments including DCS, SCADA and PLC systems.
- Highly proficient with application and design of HMI software.
- Highly proficient with data base applications and data transfer across different platforms.
- Highly proficient with basic electrical codes and standards.
- Highly proficient with basic safety standards.
- Highly proficient with Automation networks including Devicenet, ControlNet and Ethernet.
- Working knowledge and application development using PLC programming.
- Preferred experience with RSLogix 5, RSLogix 500 and RSLogix 5000
- Working knowledge and application development of SCADA systems and standalone HMI applications. Preferred experience with RSView Studio ME/SE.
Georgia, Vermont, United States
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.