3rd Shift Supervisor Operations
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Ensure the efficient manufacturing or packaging of pharmaceutical products, with adherence to standard operating procedures and current good manufacturing practices by providing training and direction to the assigned work force.
- Supervises manufacturing or packaging employees working on multiple production lines on an assigned shift.
- Ensures that necessary materials and components are available for each scheduled line, and may assist other supervisors in determining the movement of materials and products to/from machine centers, and changes machine schedules to maximize production.
- Monitors production activity to ensure compliance with established procedures and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Reviews daily and weekly production schedules and assigns crews to operating production lines, and ensures adequately trained staff are available for each line while achieving labor standards and meeting maintenance schedules.
- Provides and/or monitors training activities to ensure employees are able to perform tasks accurately and safely, and reports quality, labor, production, safety and other performance statistics for the shift. Gives performance feedback to employees, recognizing good performance and providing direction for corrective action on attendance, safety or procedural violations.
- Shares specialized experience or expertise with management in the development and implementation of on-going processes or special projects, and may investigate inventory or manufacturing discrepancies and recommend process changes to eliminate repetitive problems.
- May test or evaluate materials or process changes and recommend their implementation or rejection, supervise on-going or special maintenance or installation projects, and work with engineering staff to select or evaluate new equipment, both on capital projects and ancillary equipment.
- Participates in capacity or budget planning, gathers and evaluates information, and makes and presents recommendations to the plant manager or other management staff.
- A bachelor’s degree required in business, management, engineering or related discipline. Consideration can be given to non-degreed candidates who meet all other qualifications and possess considerable manufacturing or packaging process knowledge in a pharmaceutical environment.
- Must have demonstrated strong leadership skills, including well-developed communication and problem solving skills.
- Have the ability to provide work direction across multiple production areas and have one to four years of production supervision experience.
- Previous experience working in an FDA regulated industry preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated leadership ability.
- Sound judgment and good decision making skills.