Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The position is responsible for leading the implementation and execution of the Sanitation Program throughout the manufacturing facility. Work alongside QA to help implement and facilitate quality improvements across the plant. Provide leadership, industrial best practices and direction to the entire facility and serve as a technical liaison between departments. Maintain a positive work environment and ensure compliance with food safety and employee safety standards.
- Able to work day, night and weekend shifts as required.
- Bachelor's of Science in Food Technology, Engineering, Microbiology, or other related field is preferred.
- Certified Sanitarian or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer preferred.
- Understand and comply with government regulations relating to OSHA, FDA, and EPA.
- Strong, in depth knowledge of GMP, FSMA, HACCP, SQF, Environmental sanitation programs, Microbiology, Chemical Safety, Pest Control and Quality Systems.
- Experience with third party audits
- Five years sanitation management experience with at least 3 years in a dry-cleaning environment
- Sanitation leadership and planning skills
- Proficient with computer
- Experience performing sanitation audits
- Knowledge of Pest Control management
- Experience with sanitary design including reviewing equipment for purchase and facility construction
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven training skills
- Develop, implement, and enhance training and programs for production personnel, including Master Sanitation Schedule, daily tasks, maintenance work schedule, production schedule, etc.
- Able to perform root cause analysis with strong investigative skills and the ability to implement corrective and preventive actions
- Provide support for QA as a technical expert and lead troubleshooting efforts in order to find the root cause on OOS/OOT microbiological results in product and/or facility environment.
- Monitor employee safety practices and provide coaching and improvement ideas where necessary.
- Enforce the company safety policies and communicate the safety practices of employees (i.e. lock out tag out, safe lifting, safe use and handling of chemicals, maintain organized work areas, etc.).
- Work closely with QA during external and internal audits
- Motivate, lead, and coach employees to meet sanitation standards and plant goals.
- Focus on continuous improvement and resolve issues by working with the various functions in the facility (safety, QA, operations, maintenance, etc.).
- Evaluate and manage chemicals in the plant and work closely with chemical supplier.
- Develop thorough understanding of CIP/COP program and continuously drive for enhancements to the program as well as conduct regular reviews of the CIP circuits to determine efficacy.
- Review the Sanitation Program for effectiveness and determine continuous improvement strategies for the program.
- Participate in spot inspections of employees cleaning practices, paperwork, cleaned equipment and work alongside QA in performing equipment inspections.
- Seek continued learning - Attend educational classes and seminars for self-improvement in technical skills as well as management & leadership skills.