Vice President – Corporate Tax
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo is actively recruiting for a Vice President of Corporate Tax to lead the tax function based in our US headquarters in Southwest Michigan. Reporting to the EVP & Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President of Corporate Tax will manage the worldwide tax function, including tax planning, tax financial reporting, interaction with third-party service providers, compliance and audits, and tax related M&A issues.
Working closely with the CFO, Corporate Controller, Treasurer, and Corporate Development team to drive functional strategies to optimize our worldwide tax position. Providing thought leadership on the tax implications of strategic choices being made and/or areas where making strategic investments can further optimize shareholder value creation.
Partnering with legal and external tax advisors to successfully navigate through global and complex tax regulations and assessments.
Selecting and managing external advisors to assist in the development of tax planning strategies and implementations. Ensuring highly functional relationships develop between these outside teams and internal tax, finance, legal and operating staff.
Planning and establishing robust processes to support income tax reporting and global tax planning. Reviewing and analyzing tax implications to achieve tax optimization strategy.
Ensuring tax due diligence with contracts, procurement and acquisitions is completed accurately and thoroughly. Ensuring integration into existing tax structure as appropriate.
Providing supervision, hiring, training, mentoring and development of the tax team located in Southwest Michigan, Dublin, Ireland and Gent, Belgium. Providing oversight of the team responsible for all federal, state and local tax compliance including sales/use, property and excise tax. International travel required up to 20%.
Oversight for all worldwide income tax audits. Leading all interactions and developing collaborative working relationships with the IRS and related global regulatory bodies.
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of US and international tax financial reporting and related regulations.
- Proven experience leading an international organization through highly complex tax regulatory landscapes.
- Must be able to interpret complex tax issues involving multiple jurisdictions, understand and research tax law and precedents, and appropriately advise the organization on business related decisions.
- Must possess a strategic mindset to be able to translate company direction and strategies into the required roadmap for tax planning.
- Proven ability to lead through influence, build strong teams and coach them to cultivate highly effective business partnerships throughout the company.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Will manage other tax matters as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance; a JD and/or a Master of Tax is strongly preferred, combined with 15-plus years of progressively responsible experience in public accounting and/or detailed tax experience in a large, global corporation.