Safety & Training Manager
Safety & Training Manager
Omega Medgenix, Wevelgem
We are currently looking for a Safety & Training Manager, who will drive employee development at our pharmaceutical & cosmetics facility in Wevelgem. Reporting into the Site Director, it will be the S&T Manager’s responsibility to deliver on high priority, and ongoing enhancement projects.
- Support site EHS & department objectives through management consulting, training & development, inspections, audits and investigations, ergonomic reviews, environmental regulatory evaluations and committee assignments related to environment, health and safety.
- Collaborate with department managers & supervisors to create learning paths for new hires & internal promotions, to expedite time to full & safe productivity.
- Conduct new hire orientation and training for both line production workers and office staff.
- Lead efforts to identify organisational development needs that support critical business initiatives, including a focus on safety training and create training materials to support.
- Conduct and provide training reference material for safety related training's (fire safety, machinery safety, hazard communication, respirator protection, lock-out/tag-out, electrical and general safety, etc.) for new-hire orientation, department safety meetings and ongoing training requirements.
- Respond to and investigate accidents, documenting results and providing corrective action recommendations.
- Draft EHS related procedures and policies. Implement various safety instructions as needed.
- As the Employee Safety Committee chairperson: coordinate monthly meetings for the Employee Safety Committee to promote a safety culture throughout the facility.
- Supports environmental programs, including evaluation of regulations, writing guidance documents for internal resources and auditing system components for compliance, and, when required.
- Facilitates compliance program for various EHS related permits including monitoring, records keeping and reporting to local authorities. Provides support during any EHS related audits by external organizations.
- Conducts EHS inspections/audits to identify and evaluate hazards and prevent incidents, coordinates documentation activities and follow up. Provides EHS expertise to client areas by advising of potential safety hazards and environmental requirements and correcting any deficiencies. Interfaces with management from all areas (such as Manufacturing, Laboratories, Warehouse, Engineering, etc.) to communicate hazards and recommendations of solutions.
- Minimum prevention adviser level 1.
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental engineering, safety, industrial hygiene or related field, with previous experience in pharmaceutical operations preferred
- Fluent Dutch, French & English, both in speaking, reading & writing.
- 3-5 years’ experience in safety, environmental engineering or industrial hygiene.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and practice, strong project management, facilitation and creation of high-quality training materials.
- Advanced computer & software skills. (PowerPoint, MS Office, SharePoint, …)
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing learning programs for all employees, including a focus on developing new managers / supervisors in a plant environment.
- Superior organizational and facilitation skills to deliver a variety of training programs and coordinate meetings.
- Knowledge of EHS management systems, hazardous waste and transportation regulations, and local, state and federal related compliance requirements.
- Safety experience dealing with OSHA regulations, especially ergonomics
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate teams, drive change and communicate with all employees
- Knowledge of compliance requirements and best practices, the ability to influence, and effective presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of product reliability, blueprint reading, toxic and reactive chemistry, and hazard communication.