Temporary Shop Fabrication Technician (9 month temporary assignment)
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Job requirements for a Maintenance Shop Fabrication Technician:
Shop Fabrication Skills:
- Able to safety and effectively use:
- Band Saw
- Drill Press
- Sand Blasting
- Shop Hand Power Tools
- Ability to effectively fabricate and put together assembles based on concepts, drawings and samples.
- Capable of proficient TIG, MIG and Stick Welding
- Create quality welds according to blueprints (weld symbols)
- Change wire, welding, as needed
- Change gas tanks, as needed
- Ensure all equipment is properly set-up as used in a safe manner
- Predominate material being welded is stainless steel
- Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
- Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position or load material for a job
- Proven Experience as a Machinist:
- Ability to effectively use a Mill
- Ability to effectively use a CNC Mill
- Ability to effectively use a Lathe
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.)
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers, micrometers, depth gauges) to take accurate measurements
- Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Good at math with analytical abilities
High school diploma or equivalent; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship will be an asset
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Hours: Monday through Friday: 7:30am to 4:00pm
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.