Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The Supply Planner will work closely with business unit suppliers to ensure customer service, quality, and supply chain standards are met for assigned categories. This role will be responsible for managing domestic and international logistics, tracking shipment, coordinating procurement activities for direct materials, driving compliance with procurement policies and procedures, and executing tactical procurement processes to support on-time delivery to customers and consumers.
As a part of the Oral Care Business Unit of Perrigo, this role will leverage strong organizational skills, experience in managing multiple projects, and strong communication skills to partner with cross-functional teams to enable families to live better, healthier lives, by providing families with innovative oral care products that provide performance and value as well as entertainment for kids.
This role will support a product portfolio including Firefly, the #1 Brand in Kids Oral Care with award winning innovation and full consumer regimen and REACH, a full spectrum Oral Care brand that continues to expand into new exciting categories of Oral Care.
In This Position, You Will:
- Execute all direct sourcing responsibilities, including scheduling the supply of materials (finished goods and components) to meet customer requirements, creating purchase orders for components & packaging materials, and driving vendors to expedite material and product as needed to support business and customer needs
- Report order status, purchase price variance, inventory levels, cycle times and fulfillment metrics
- Participate in forecasting activities to maintain business minimum safety stocks
- Maintain Bill of Materials with vendors to ensure accurate packaging and on time completion
- Support sourcing and operations teams in Cost Improvement initiatives
- Maintain internal and external customer service level requirements, strategic inventory and metrics, while understanding and communicating supplier downtime, communication of potential shortages resulting in proactive actions to mitigate impact to business objectives
- Act as liaison with suppliers to resolve quality deviations, rejections and advisories
- Manage or escalate issues related to pricing, invoice investigation & resolution, logistics supply chain process, and contractual obligations
- Act as procurement lead in cross-functional initiatives including new product development, identification of alternate sources, product life cycle management
- Maintain accurate and organized documents and data for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance
- Participate in supplier qualification & evaluation program
- Assist with department strategic planning in terms of SKU rationalization, inventory reduction, cost reduction opportunities and sourcing a better product at a better price with improved quality
What You Need to Succeed in This Position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chan Management, Business Administration or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience; 3-6 years’ experience in supply chain management, procurement and planning or related field, preferably in a consumer goods environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and Teams, with the ability to quickly learn various in-house software applications (SharePoint, ERP and MRP, Adobe Suite) as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with associates and internal and external stakeholders; demonstrated ability to work with senior leadership and multi-national and cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to manage multiple high priority items while delivering exceptional results
- Ability to travel as needed
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Organized with proven time management skills; able to deliver on multiple deadlines with consistent work of high-quality
- Effective performer as an individual or as a member of a team
- Feedback-oriented, seeking ongoing opportunities to learn and grow; accepting of developmental feedback
- Enthusiastic in approach with a positive outlook
- Adaptive to different work styles in a team environment
- Capable presenter to associates across organization and functions
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better. #DIV