Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Provides technical support to assigned projects, using robust scientific methods which comply with standard operating procedures and scientific standards. Works with limited direction. As appropriate, may serve as a project leader to manage analytical support for projects with supervision.
Knowledge, Experience and Education:
Demonstrated proficiency in the use of a variety of standard analytical instruments, such as HPLC, GC, Dissolution, UV-Vis and FTIR. Familiarity with a variety of compendial references, including USP or European Pharmacopeia. The ability to develop, document and execute analyses or experiments of moderate complexity, ensuring methods are robust and reliable. The ability to maintain high quality research documentation, analyze and interpret data, and prepare reports, qualification documents, SOPs or other technical reports is necessary. Must be able to work independently on multiple concurrent projects, and communicate effectively with interdisciplinary project teams. These skills are normally acquired through completion of a bachelor degree in Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Sciences combined with 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in a cGMP or cGLP laboratory.
- With minimal supervision, create/update and document new/revised product specifications and test methods which are robust and meet regulatory requirements.
- Perform physical and chemical testing on raw material, in-process, finished product and stability samples. This includes documentation and review.
- Successfully investigate and resolve moderately-complex analytical problems, project issues and deviations. Accurately maintain all related documentation in compliance with SOPs.
- Assist in researching, preparing and reviewing technical documents, including but not limited to SOPs, drug master files, technical packages, vendor qualification, raw material and release and stability specifications, stability summaries, test methods, and certificates of analysis which conform to company standards.
- Attend and present data at project-related meetings, interact with other departments and outside testing laboratories to ensure proper analytical testing.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams, and exercise and build basic team effectiveness skills.
- Utilize skills, established procedures, new methodologies, and experience to complete tasks; and provide formal and informal mentoring to interns and Technicians.
- Develop, validate and transfer of complex and non-complex analytical methods.