Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are currently looking for a Production Engineer for one of our plants in Allegan.
As a Production Engineer at Perrigo, you will provide production engineering support for day-to-day operations of a lean six sigma pharmaceutical manufacturing facility. Initiate and drive continuous improvement efforts in assigned process area.
- Works on plant floor with the Specialists, Plant Manager, Supervisors, Engineering and other staff to troubleshoot technical problems with manufacturing or packaging equipment or process problems in production areas.
- Coordinates and leads continuous improvement projects aimed at waste reduction and efficiency improvements by streamlining processes and improve capability.
- Work with new product development efforts to identify most appropriate manufacturing processes in conjunction with R & D staff.
- Implement equipment and process changes that improve quality and safety.
- Monitors projects through the control phase and report results to management.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline required: consideration may be given to those who have a Bachelor’s of Science and hold 6+ years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of cGMPs and previous exposure to pharmaceutical manufacturing highly preferred.
- Excellent problem solving skills, sound decision making skills, and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and computer literacy.
- Knowledge and ability to apply Lean Sigma principles highly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including strong listening skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply written procedures and standards governing manufacturing processes.
The successful candidate must be physically able to climb stairs, use hands to manipulate basic hand tools/hand held equipment, and operate a motor vehicle to access various plant locations.