Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The responsibilities of this role are to co-ordinate the preventative and breakdown maintenance activities to support quality initiatives, improve productivity and explore alternate solutions to meet business needs. Lead and or assist in project implementation across the plant.
- Give direction to maintenance and support staff to assure customer expectations are met and provide service to meet production targets.
- Supervise and manage Maintenance Department staff and Contractors.
- Oversight of the maintenance budget to ensure expenses are controlled and budget goals are met.
- Assist in improving equipment utilisation and increase efficiencies.
- Ensure critical services and utilities (HVAC, purified water, compressed and steam) are maintained in an operable state.
- Implementation and commissioning of selected capital projects.
- Supporting quality initiatives and provides resources for change control, validation and development of engineering standards and preventative maintenance.
- Maintain spare parts inventory to service company assets and develop and implement processes for qualifying critical parts.
- Performance reviews, training, mentoring and coaching of maintenance and cleaning staff.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Minimum 3-years of experience in pharmaceutical or related environment with supervisory background and good knowledge of cGMP.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Minimum secondary level education, but tertiary qualification in relevant field is desirable.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Demonstrated understanding of continuous improvement techniques: lean manufacturing and 6-sigma.
- Results orientated with a customer focus.
- Creative problem solving and process improvement skills.
- Ability to resolve conflicts.