Continuous Improvement Associate
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The responsibilities of this role are to assist in reducing the rate of quality events & process deviations and to participate in ongoing production process and systems improvement, through the use of lean manufacturing principles. The role will have a dual focus on process and results delivering tangible and quantifiable sustained benefits in areas of quality, efficiency, waste, cost and safety.
Your primary responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Lead cross functional first response team to assess and investigate Quality Events (QEs) as well as conduct Process Deviation Investigations (PDIs) to determine scope and establish root cause.
- Ensuring appropriate corrective action and preventative actions (CAPAs) are identified, implemented and closed-out in a timely manner relating to production, packaging & manufacturing operations.
- Perform trend and Pareto analyses on QEs/PDIs raised to identify priority areas to address so as to reduce the overall rate, severity and occurrence.
- Assist CI Site Lead to deliver workplace teams CI methodology / Lean foundations training.
- Participate in implementation of change controls, new product introductions and continuous improvement initiatives relating to production, packaging & manufacturing operations.
- Identify potential process related issues (e.g. via current/future state process mapping) in consultation with SMEs to streamline operations ensure ongoing sustainability and cGMP compliance.
- Use lean manufacturing methodologies to deliver both incremental improvements and step-change improvements (i.e. >50% increase in performance).
- Participate in and/or lead Kaizen Project Teams and 5 Why / DMAIC problem solving sessions.
- Review and update controlled documents (SOPs, SWIs, Forms, Logs) for adequacy, clarity and compliance to cGMP.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- 3-5 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical or FMCG industries.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement / lean manufacturing experience.
- Sound analytical and problem solving ability.
- Minimum intermediate level computer literacy, including MS Office Suite.
- Understanding of statistical techniques and software.
- Experience in equipment and process improvement in an operations environment.
- Qualifications in a Technical or Engineering related discipline will be highly regarded.
- Technical report writing skills.