Director - Consumer Insights
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The Director of Consumer Insights will lead this new function within Perrigo that will primarily support the Consumer Self-Care Americas’ major business units. This newly created function will support the validation and prioritization of consumer driven innovation inclusive of products, programs, and messaging, developed by the Marketing organizations in support of our transformation to a self-care business. This team will unlock meaningful consumer insights that differentiate our products in order to meet consumer needs and expectations for Self-Care. The Director of Consumer Insights will oversee the company’s custom consumer research and product testing, and syndicated consumer research.
The Director’s main responsibilities include:
- Support all existing business segments within Consumer Self-Care Americas, with a reporting structure into the SVP of OTC Business, and the company’s initiatives in innovation and new consumer brand development with innovative new products, segments and technologies.
- Field and lead consumer insight research, custom product research design, test market design, and advertising research.
- Oversee brand and store brand syndicated analysis to support the business segments as well as identify key consumer trends.
- Participate in the development of the applicable marketing strategic plans and analytical learning agendas
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or closely allied field, with a master’s degree preferred.
- Ten plus years of progressive marketing leadership experience specific to CPG (consumer and syndicated market data knowledge) and new product experience.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills, including well-developed interpersonal skills and strong written communication skills.
- Sound financial management skills combined with strong negotiating experience are required. Superior leadership skills with ability to manage and develop teams and manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage senior executive relations and ability to collaborate and build relations with stakeholders across functional and organization lines, and enterprise-wide program development and management skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with technology tools to support the marketing function, including excellent computer skills.