** UP TO $5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS ** Maintenance / Machine Repair Technician - Oral Care Grand Rapids, 2nd and 3rd Shift Available
** NOW OFFERING UP TO $5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!! **
APPLY NOW TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY FOR THIS BONUS!
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality, affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We have 2nd and 3rd shift openings for Maintenance / Machine Repair Technicians at Perrigo’s Oral Care manufacturing site in Grand Rapids (Kentwood area). Due to increased capacity in Oral Care, our maintenance team is growing. We are excited to welcome new members to our Maintenance Team soon! Please note partial training may be required on 1st shift before moving to a 2nd or 3rd shift maintenance role.
The Maintenance Technician will leverage strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience to maintain and repair manufacturing equipment. The Maintenance / Machine Repair position requires thorough working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and machine control principles – however we will train you on the specific maintenance needs at our facility. The ideal candidate will leverage past maintenance experience in a consumer product goods environment.
The selected candidates for these maintenance roles will be eligible to participate in Perrigo company’s Total Rewards offerings including Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, quarterly bonus program, paid-time-off, and more!! We offer a competitive compensation and hourly shift premiums for non-first shift roles.
- The Maintenance / Machine Repair Technician will perform repairs and rebuilds of manufacturing equipment including assembly equipment, pick and place lines, and wrap machines.
- Troubleshoot and service minor to complex electrical and machine controls circuits, leveraging experience with:
- Conveyor drive systems
- Motor starter circuits including Variable Frequency Drives
- I/O—Switch functions
- Equipment wiring
- Schematic reading and PLC ladder logic
- A/C & D/C Electronic concepts
- Participate in identifying and deploying process improvement opportunities within maintenance to meet production and manufacturing goals
- Assist in ongoing retrofit, rebuild and upgrade projects
- Participate in training of team members to support the maintenance team
- Assist in creating and developing maintenance training to support manufacturing operations
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent is required
- Minimum of 3 years of hands on experience in maintenance with manufacturing and automation assembly equipment or equivalent years of education with 1 year of hands on experience being required
- Working knowledge of electrical troubleshooting, light pneumatics, mechanical, common sense, problem solving skills and machine control principles
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, print, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence related to maintenance
- The ability to learn various in-house software including: Word, Microsoft office, SAP, and other maintenance specific programs where required
- Willingness to train in other maintenance areas such as: light robotic programming software, Vision system and continuous improvement processes
- Some experience in fabrication, including welding (MIG & TIG)
- Ability to work full-time flexible hours during regularly scheduled shifts and ongoing and weekend overtime as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English with technical and non-technical and non maintenance staff
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.