Instrument Controls Technician + $2000 Bonus
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
- Install, maintain, repair and troubleshoot plant control systems and equipment.
- Perform routine calibrations as outlined in the calibration standard operating procedure and work instructions.
- Maintain and file all calibration documentation.
- Perform PM development and completion including control cabinets, cabling/torqueing and system backups
- Assist in the training of others to include but not limited to DeviceNet, PLC and VED troubleshooting and correction
- Participate in continuous improvement activities which include but are not limited to review of recurring line issues, suggest/implement value added corrections that are mechanical, electrical and controls related
- Receive and correct breakdown calls for the production team - mechanical, electrical and controls related
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of work as directed by standard operating procedures and work instructions
- Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering required or an equivalent combination of training and work experience.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot all plant control systems in the processing departments.
- Ability to troubleshoot during plant operations with occasional after hour calls
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions, properly complete documentation including daily time sheets, calibration records, line changeover sheets, critical control point sheets, and equipment logbooks.
- Three years minimal experience as an electronics technician, calibrating, troubleshooting electronic/pneumatic instrumentation and controls and PLC controls systems – as well as understanding of mechanical repairs (gearboxes, motors, 480 3phase)
- Proficient at SLC/PLC programming and hardware architecture along with an understanding of plant processes in order to perform routine troubleshooting and design tasks.
- Ability to write accurately and legibly, thorough knowledge of typical process instrumentation and control
- Ability to troubleshoot relay logic and computer based control systems.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow work instructions, standard operating procedures and training aids.
- Perform job duties in a safe and efficient manner and apply good manufacturing practices
Physical Requirements of Work:
- Works from ladders, man lifts and requires ability to continuously lift 20 pounds or equivalency and up to 50 pounds or equivalency frequently.
- Must be able to push or pull up to 400 pounds or equivalency utilizing a manual cart.
- Must be able to stoop, squat and bend.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and in high areas using proper procedures with ability to have sustained reach laterally and above shoulder height.
- Must be able to frequently grasp objects, small hand tools, calipers, etc.
- Must possess sufficient visual and audio acuity to work safely and accurately in an industrial environment.
- Must be able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment to comply with hazardous procedures.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and required overtime through extended shifts and weekends.
Engineer, Electronics, Controls, Control System, Process Controls, Industrial Automation, PLC, Electrical, Specialist
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.