National Key Account Manager Grocery
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
About the role
Based at our Belrose office in Sydney, the purpose of this role is to achieve defined sales and profit targets through the development of key customer/s in the grocery channel. The National Key Account Manager is responsible for managing grocery channel key accounts, maintaining a long term relationship with accounts and maximizing sales opportunities.
- Account Management – Achievement of Sales Plan, Margin targets & Customer KPI’s; Own the customer spend within Gross Sales to Net Sales, as well as fixed trade co-op to optimize ROI; Drive relationships with customers to understand fully the key success factors that will make our business stand out; Develop and implement tactics for your customer / brand to drive sales in Grocery (WW, Coles & Metcash) Route, (P&C) ALDI and Costco.
- Business Management –Support the Head of Commercial in the development of overall channel strategy and translating this to specific account / customer based strategies that lead to realistic implementation/ activation plans. Develop quarterly and an annual business plan for each account that will identify key business drivers aligned to the sales plan; Identify sales gaps and formulate solutions in an actionable plan with all available resources; Work with Customer Marketing and Insights Manager to identify actionable trade programs for each account.; Strong alignment with Pharmacy team to ensure we maximize business opportunities and eliminate commercial promotional clashes; Explore and develop e-business opportunities with Amazon or similar.
- Financial Management, Reporting and Administration – Own the customer P&L and is responsible for driving top and bottom line growth; Responsible for the sales forecast for the total BCS Grocery and Route (P&C); Restate updated sales position on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis; Responsible for the sales forecast for the total BCS grocery business in conjunction with the Head of Commercial and Retail Strategy; Trade spend, Co-op and rebates are to be in line with allocated budgets; Contributes to developing the annual budget; Provides all reports in a timely and accurate manner; seeks insight from data; owns all account-related administration with support from CS team
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years Marketing / Account Management experience, preferably within the Australian grocery, P&C or pharmacy industry in Healthcare related categories.
- Proven experience of growing top and bottom line within head office national grocery accounts
- Strong category analysis and evaluation skills
- Outstanding negotiation, presentation, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Strong financial and analytical capability to measure and track relevant KPI’s
- Experience in preparing quarterly and annual plans for each client
- Leadership for the Category review process across multiple categories
- Ability to build strong internal and external networks quickly
- Strong project planning and management skills
- Proven experience in achieving key business objectives.
- Experience launching a new brands into competitive markets
- The ability to translate company / brand priorities and goals into an operational commercial plan