Financial Analyst - Operations
Perrigo's Operations Finance team is looking to bring on a Financial Analyst into their Minneapolis, MN location. This person will be responsible for the gathering and preparation of financial information for supporting operational value streams as well as reporting of operating activities, compliance, and other business activities. Will also provide analysis of information to help support decision making processes.
Responsibilities to include:
- Provides financial guidance and coordination of operational value stream financial planning, budget and forecast functions. Acts as financial partner to OPS US management, provides data to support continuous improvement, tracks metrics, holds accountability, etc.
- Prepares various monthly reporting packages for Operations, Quality, and Procurement as well as other corporate reporting requirements. Analyzes results of reports and assists Controller in communication of this analysis to drive results.
- Prepares and analyzes new product cost estimates and prepares financial ROI models for such products and other miscellaneous product costing analysis. Works with OPS on bids and sourcing/outsourcing decisions. Member of OPS functional teams providing analysis to make decisions on launch direction.
- Assists Controller in multiple year end and other period end processes, ad hoc analysis and reports.
- Prepares required accounting accruals, reconciliations, journal entries, to support financial reporting while ensuring accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles and SOX compliance.
- Supports Internal Controls compliance with documentation, reporting and auditing with primary responsibility for warehouse inventory cycle counting process.
- Must possess strong knowledge of managerial accounting with a good understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Requires strong analytical skills and strong computer skills with familiarity with SAP, Excel, Hyperion and Crystal Reports strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills are necessary.
- Must be self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently to meet deadlines and be willing to work additional or flexible hours as needed.
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy is essential.
- These skills are acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance combined with five plus years of manufacturing accounting experience.