Lead Commercial Strategy Manager
To lead the commercial & category strategy and hence delivery of trade objectives for a selection of categories in Perrigo UK business across all trade channels. To be the commercial & category strategy expert for particular channels. The role involves close multifunctional interaction across the UK & Ireland business, particularly sales and marketing.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the definition of where to play and what it takes to win for the categories and brands within remit. Hence setting out a clear commercial & category strategy and translating this into the tactics that the sales team need to execute (Price*, Promotion, Distribution, Display and Merchandising).
- Design the toolkit that enables the commercial team (CS&I and Account Managers) to deliver the commercial strategy & tactics.
- Preparation and delivery of concept sells and trade engagement days for relevant brands/categories
- Setting clear commercial guidelines for trade spend investment of trade spend
- Working with Account Managers to tailor your category/brand plans to their customers.
- Be the category expert in relevant categories, using insight to shape internal strategy and deliver results externally. Develop external relationships with commercial and category contacts in line with corporate account contact plans, including presenting/ selling category strategy & insights directly to account contacts, independently of account management team.
- Tracking of Sales fundamentals (share of shelf, share of SKU, display) for relevant categories, and development of plans to improve. Analyse in store activity to understand return on investment in order to improve future activity.
- Reporting to Commercial Exec and Exec team on initiative performance, highlighting opportunities and barriers to success, and recommending course correction plans.
- Lead the commercial input for relevant existing brands and NPD in the stage gate and budgeting process, providing customer, category and shopper input into brand plans.
- Potentially some People Management responsibilities.
- Support for Sales function in overcoming ongoing Customer challenges that if not overcome would prevent execution of the Perrigo commercial plan / harm P&L for the categories/brands within their portfolio
Knowledge and Experience:
- Educated to degree level in business related subject.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in sales & marketing or commercial, ideally in FMCG, with emphasis on retailer negotiation and account management
- Must have experience that demonstrates a track record in achieving sales targets through effective negotiation
- Personal drive to achieve and able to prioritise differing demands from customers internal and external
- Must be able to influence others by considered thought and argument
- Ability to use data to identify market trends
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.