Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The position is responsible for leading the implementation and execution of the Sanitation Program throughout the manufacturing facility. Work alongside QA to help implement and facilitate quality improvements across the plant. Provide leadership, industrial best practices and direction to the entire facility (safety, operations, maintenance, sanitation, etc.) and serve as a technical liaison between each of those functional groups. Maintain a positive work environment and ensure compliance with food safety and employee safety standards.
- Monitor employee safety practices and provide coaching and improvement ideas where necessary.
- Train personnel to understand procedures of cleaning for food safety, and personnel safety.
- Enforce the company safety policies and communicate the safety practices of employees (i.e. lock out tag out, safe lifting, safe use and handling of chemicals, maintain organized work areas, etc.).
- Work closely with QA during external and internal audits
- Aid in the development and implementation of corrective actions along with QA.
- Develop, implement, and enhance training and programs for production personnel, including Master Sanitation Schedule, daily tasks, maintenance work schedule, production schedule, etc.
- Technical expert on sanitation practices and hygienic design standards.
- Motivate, lead, and coach employees to meet sanitation standards and plant goals.
- Focus on continuous improvement and resolve issues by working with the various functions in the facility (safety, QA, operations, maintenance, etc.).
- Evaluate and manage chemicals in the plant and work closely with chemical supplier.
- Develop thorough understanding of CIP/COP program and continuously drive for enhancements to the program as well as conduct regular reviews of the CIP circuits to determine efficacy.
- Review the Sanitation Program for effectiveness and determine continuous improvement strategies for the program.
- Participate in spot inspections of employees cleaning practices, paperwork, cleaned equipment and work alongside QA in performing equipment inspections.
- Provide support for QA as a technical expert and lead troubleshooting efforts in order to find the root cause on OOS/OOT microbiological results in product and/or facility environment.
- Seek continued learning - Attend educational classes and seminars for self improvement in technical skills as well as management & leadership skills.
- Bachelor's of Science in Food Technology, Engineering, Microbiology, or other related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with 2 years supervisory experience in a food manufacturing sanitation environment is required.
- Certified Sanitarian or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer preferred.
- Strong, in depth knowledge in HACCP, Microbiology, Sanitation, Chemical Safety, Pest Control and Quality Systems.
- Understand and comply with government regulations relating to OSHA, FDA, and EPA.