Strategic Sourcing Manager- Power Category
We are currently looking for a Strategic Sourcing Manager for our Power Category at Ranir, A Perrigo Company located in Grand Rapids MI.
This role will be based in Ranir’s Grand Rapids location and will need to travel to suppliers or other company locations 3-4 times a year. This role reports to our Sr. Director, Global Sourcing and will have one Buyer direct report.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for driving both strategy and action surrounding procurement of raw materials, finished goods, and materials needed to support manufacturing and other business initiatives. This role will successfully leverage advanced procurement practices and a full understanding of the function to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. The ideal candidate should have domestic and international sourcing experience working with global partners, particularly in Asia, working knowledge of other related disciplines, the ability to work with agility with other functions to achieve team goals, and the ability to deliver on key business objectives.
- Develop and execute leading strategies in the sourcing category and supply base by leveraging market knowledge, supplier rationalization, predictable and industry leading commodity pricing plans, and total cost of ownership (TCO) cost modeling through transparent supplier relationship management.
- Secure components and/or services in the assigned category that will provide competitive advantage in both technology and cost for Ranir
- Act as business owner of the category and component supplier relationships, including the management and negotiation of contractual agreements and related negotiations and executions
- Drive change management to continuously improve efficiency, yield and performances via repeatable processes, people growth, and elimination of work duplication, resulting in significant cost savings for the company
- Work with a cross-functional team to drive the supplier selection process and component qualification both under strict engineering and commercial best practices/disciplines
- Develop supplier capabilities and drive roadmap visibility across Ranir Oral care businesses
- Achieve established commitments on total cost results, supply, quality and compliance adherence, and on-time delivery
- Use purchasing tools to analyze, evaluate supplier performance KPI’s & work with suppliers for improvements as necessary
- Monitor supplier performance and drive corrective action as necessary
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations or Business. MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing, supply chain or sourcing, or procurement. Experience in an Oral Healthcare or consumer goods preferred
- Prior experience working directly with international suppliers or manufacturers in Asia
- Professional knowledge and experience in electro-mechanical components manufacturing processes and cost structure will be an advantage.
- CPIM/ CPM/APICS certification
- Lean Six Sigma Knowledge
- Able to travel domestically and internationally 3-4 times per year.
- Ability to work with speed in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple competing tasks and demands to quickly deliver customer solutions to market
- Expert-level proficiency with PC skills such as Word, Excel PowerPoint with the ability to quickly learn various in-house software applications
- Proven ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations from disparate data sources; able to conduct market analysis to dissect market size, customers, growth opportunities, technology replacements/forecasts, pricing trends, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, with demonstrated ability to successfully work with both senior leadership and frontline organization
- Strong leadership, facilitation, and presentation skills, with the ability to function effectively in a team environment to gain the cooperation of individuals across the business
- Committed to fostering an environment that promotes Ranir’s goals philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement
- Strategic thinker, assertive, and able to make decisions independently; strong negotiation skills. Results oriented with excellent problem solving skills
- Expertise in financial statement analysis to derive should-cost models and cost competitiveness/financial strengths of suppliers