Continuous Improvement Engineer
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are currently searching for a Continuous Improvement Engineer (CIE) for our Infant Formula manufacturing facility, located in Georgia, Vermont.
The CIE is responsible for leading, from an Operations and food safety perspective, product deviation investigations and process improvement initiatives in the plant. They will report to the Sr. CIE.
These initiatives will have emphasis on safety, quality, delivery, cost, and people. The CIE will support the manufacturing facility and drive our Continuous Improvement culture through data driven activities.
- Develop and maintain Operations processes and equipment to reduce variation in operating methods, with the goal of improving reliability and repeatability, while eliminating defects.
- Provides support investigating and closing product incident/deviations.
- Adheres to all Perrigo Company policies and cGMP standards.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures. Works to advance and promote the safety culture of the site.
- Critically analyzes processes, systems, and practices to identify current gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Partners with Quality, Operations, and other cross-functional teams to investigate deviation events, recommend corrective actions and product disposition, and develop improvements using Lean tools and analytical skills (e.g., FMEA, SPC, 5-Why, 12 Step, DMAIC, Risk Assessments, Fishbone Diagram, etc.).
- Ensures a timely completion of deviation investigations and assigned corrective actions / CAPA.
- Drives process capability improvements through methods including: variation reduction, error-proofing, and implementation of statistics; this includes collecting and analyzing data to identify and prioritize opportunities.
- Plays an independent role in the development and implementation of minor capital projects. This individual may function as a project engineer and/or project manager, by providing work direction to project teams and support groups while interfacing with multiple departments, consultants, and contractors as part of the project.
- Organizes and generates relevant data and prepares project scopes, cost estimates, economic justifications, and capital appropriation requests, as required, to obtain management approval. Selects equipment, prepares specifications, assembles design documentation, procures equipment, and coordinates installation, validation, and start-up activities for systems and equipment.
- Advances capabilities of Operations Team (Production, Packaging, Warehouse) and partners with Quality Team to understand and implement food safety standards and best practices.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Food Science, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or closely aligned field.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in, and knowledge of manufacturing in infant formula, food or beverage, or similar industry is required.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to apply Current Good Manufacturing Practices and US FDA laws and requirements in an FDA regulated industry.
- Demonstrated prior experience with Root Cause / Corrective Action investigations and developing / recommending process improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, organize multiple tasks, and change priorities to meet project deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills are essential, including well developed interpersonal, organization, listening, and communication skills.
- Computer literacy is required, along with proficiency of MS Office Suite.
- SAP experience is preferred.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.