Associate Packaging Engineer
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality, affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are looking for a hands-on Packaging Engineer, preferably with FDA experience, to join our US Headquarters in Allegan Michigan.The Engineer in this role provides comprehensive package engineering support and packaging component expertise to the company through the design, development, and maintenance of packaging standards for various company and outside sub-contracting product packaging sites.
- With minimal assistance, troubleshoots and resolves packaging issues associated with packaging component quality, packaging equipment, and packaging line efficiency, participates in packaging component deviation resolutions, and coordinates, conducts, and documents packaging line trials for new or improved packaging components
- Works closely with other functional areas and multi-functional teams such as Operations, Sales, Marketing, Procurement, Contract Customers, Contract Packagers, Master Data, Art and Quality to launch new products/packages, develops promotions and displays, develops cost savings initiative, and troubleshoots packaging problems.
- Develops and prepares packaging specifications, BOMs and cost estimates.
- Conducts and documents package testing for component approval or troubleshooting.
- Helps identify and support projects relating to process, system, and documentation improvement opportunities.
- Participates in the selection of new equipment and/or tooling.
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering or other engineering discipline
- 0 to 4 years of packaging component development experience in an operational environment.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to develop sound economic analysis, problem solving skills, interpersonal skills, and a commitment to customer service.
- Broad knowledge of methods in package design, testing, and packaging materials, tooling, methods improvement, and project management skills.
- Proven ability to work independently toward specific goals and to exercise initiative in identifying new projects and process improvement opportunities.
Preferred, but not required:
- Pharmaceutical or Medical Device packaging experience.
- Knowledge of USP and CR requirements and test procedures.
- Experience with ArtiosCAD, AutoCAD, TOPS, and SAP.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.