Category Manager - Sales/Commercial
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
London, England OR Siegburg, Germany
Ranir, A Perrigo Company is one of world’s leading manufacturers of consumer private label oral and personal care products spanning a comprehensive mix of products from power toothbrushes to whiteners and travel accessories.
As the champion of the private label oral care category across Europe the opportunity has opened up to bring in a Category Manager to support the Customer Marketing Director and to develop and present category plans with key customers across Germany, UK and France. Working in conjunction with account management and marketing teams you will be responsible for delivering the annual volume, profit and market share targets within the EU markets.You will take on responsibility for a selection of retail customers with primary focus on Germany, in conjunction with the Customer Marketing Director EMEA&APAC, therefore fluency in German will be an absolute must to guarantee success within this role.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Category Lead to define and implement the category strategy and plans
- Developing and owning the category development relationship within the customer, taking the EU vision for the category and tailoring it to your customer, you will influence key retail contacts (category / commercial) to implement the key category growth initiatives.
- Deliver insight driven category plans in all elements of the customer plan
- Providing analytical support in the form of market data and competitive reviews providing insights on category opportunities, pricing and promotional strategy;
- Preparation of account category reviews and insights in order to influence the range stocked by customers;
- Converting business and category opportunities into channel and customer specific selling stories
- Working with the Marketing and Sales teams to provide support material for the existing portfolio and for the launch of new products
- Leadership of price and promotional activation through customers and channels. Including development of category price and promotional guidelines and working in partnership with sales to make changes to improve business unit results delivering against KPI’s
- Identifying market opportunities by understanding customer requirements; defining market & competitor shares; competitor strengths and weaknesses; adhoc research support.
You should have:
- German and English fluency
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience preferably within health & beauty/ FMCG, private label and/or brand driven business.
- Solid experience in category management and a strong understanding of the German and European retail FMCG environment.
- Experience analyzing and drawing insights from most type of market, category and consumer data.
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Good commercial understanding
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Experience interacting with both internal and external customers
- Team orientated, ability to connect with and work cohesively with the team
- Proficient in different type and sources of data (panel, epos, consumer research and market place reporting tools)
- Formal qualification: minimum Business BA or equivalent