Sr. Tax Analyst
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo is looking to bring on a Senior Tax Analyst to join their Tax Department located at their U.S. Headquarters in Allegan, Michigan. The Senior Tax Analyst will work with the team to prepare and review of all federal, state and international income tax compliance, assist with federal, state and international tax audits, work on tax planning and research, and assist in the preparation of the company’s quarterly financial statements (ASC 740/FIN48).
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that all federal, state and international income tax returns are completed accurately and filed timely.
- Researches and resolves tax issues and drafts or reviews corresponding documentation.
- Carries out expanded and advanced responsibilities to work towards developing income tax analysis to include but not limited to assisting with special projects, proposed transactions of a diverse scope, and leading and/or supervising others.
- Completes estimated payments and extensions.
- Prepares/maintains documentation to support domestic, state and international tax audits.
- Participates in quarterly financial reporting (including ASC 740, FIN 48 and SOX).
- Assists in the maintenance of the department’s electronic systems and ensures they are utilized effectively.
- Ensures responsibilities are completed to include but not limited to performing tax research, preparing and presenting information, completing day-to-day responsibilities, projects execution and related functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Master of Science in Tax (MST) preferred.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in public accounting or mid to large corporate tax department.
- Broad general understanding of tax laws and financial reporting (including ASC 740, FIN48 and SOX).
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to work independently toward multiple concurrent deadlines.
- Computer literacy and skill in the use of accounting and tax software - knowledge of SAP, MS Excel and Corptax or similar tax software is preferred.
- Supervisory experience a plus.