Account Executive CPG - Sales
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are currently looking for an Account Executive for our team who will support one of our CPG Retail accounts and the location is flexible.
The Account Executive is responsible for partnering with our national retailer accounts to grow their Store Brand/Private Label consumer self-care business. With a product portfolio that is unsurpassed, the opportunity to provide consumers with an affordable, high quality alternative to the national brands while increasing revenue for our retail customers makes for a rewarding selling experience.
Sales & Margin - Leads development of objectives and implements strategies to achieve sales plan in the categories for which they are responsible at assigned accounts. Collaborates with Account or Region teammates, Marketing and Commercial Strategy & Implementation teams to develop and present category reviews, new product presentations, share growth initiatives and consumer insights in an actionable manner. Utilizes category and product information to develop and sell-in robust rolling 12-month promotional calendars.
Price Management - Responsible for executing all Price Management activities at assigned accounts. Negotiates item pricing to achieve established price and margin objectives. Collaborates with Pricing Department and Marketing to understand and incorporate market and competitive intelligence into all price negotiations.
Strategic Account Relationship - Successfully enhances business relationships with focus on the Buyers but also inclusive up to the Director level in the categories for which they are responsible and across all necessary complementary departments. Leverage these relationships to maximize Perrigo’s value as a partner and our business results.
Internal Project Management - Is the Customer’s primary advocate inside Perrigo. Utilizing Salesforce.com CRM system, the Account Executive directs initiatives with internal departments to ensure new products, promotions and other account initiatives are developed and shipped on time. Works with Perrigo Customer Service and Customer Replenishment teams to develop and execute service strategies to maximize customer in-stocks. Collaborative responsibility for account forecasting.
Administrative - Responsible for ensuring compliance to Perrigo & Customer administrative requirements. Collaborates with internal colleagues to ensure Perrigo resources and systems are understood and aligned to the needs of the customer.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- Must have at least 7 years of professional experience, in which at least 3 are in Sales; consideration of equivalent combination of education &/or experience may be considered.
- Previous Consumer Packaged Goods experience in direct selling to retailers required.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and solid understanding of the selling process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential, including oral and written communication.
- Ability to interpret quantitative and qualitative information and use such information to develop actionable recommendations.
- Must work well under tight timelines and be able to manage hundreds of different skus across multiple categories.
- Ability to prioritize work in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent judgment, follow-up, attention to detail and personal accountability.
- Working knowledge of basic computer software and ability to communicate by email, telephone and in person.
- Ability to access IRI syndicated POS data and build fact-based, selling rationale.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.