Production Supervisor - 1st Shift
We strive to make lives better by bringing quality, affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
As a Production Supervisor at Perrigo, you will oversee 20-40 employees working on 3-5 packaging lines in a pharmaceutical manufacturing/packaging environment; will assign tasks and adjust workloads to meet production goals, schedule and monitor training and assess progress of the employees, monitor production quality and use leadership skills to solve problems with employees. This position will share specialized knowledge with management in the development and implementation of on-going processes or special projects, and recommend process changes to eliminate repetitive problems. Participate in capacity or budget planning, gather and evaluate information, and make/present recommendations. May test or evaluate materials or process changes and recommend their implementation or rejection, supervise on-going or special maintenance or installation projects, and work with engineering staff to select or evaluate new equipment both on capital projects and ancillary equipment.
- A bachelor's degree is preferred. In lieu of a degree, must have a minimum of 4 years of leadership experience.
- 3-5 years of experience within Packaging/Operations.
- At least 2 years of experience managing others.
- Must have demonstrated strong leadership skills, including well-developed communication and problem-solving skills.
- Have the ability to provide work direction across multiple production areas.
- Previous experience working in a Pharmaceutical or FDA regulated industry preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated leadership ability.
- Sound judgment and good decision-making skills.
- Supervise set-up, cleaning, line clearance, change-over and running activities of production employees (ensuring employees are compliant with cGMP and FDA regulations)
- Conduct employee training in a class-room setting and ensure all employees are current and up to date on procedures
- Support/Participate in projects associated with continuous improvement which can include conducting trials on the lines as well as providing feedback as to what works well/changes needed
- Issue discipline associated with basic performance and/or attendance issues and provide performance feedback on production employees to floor coordinators as needed
- Attend daily production meetings to understand goals for the day and communicate to the employees; ensure production lines meet scheduling demands by proactively communicating line status with floor coordinators
- Perform basic operational tasks including reviewing paperwork, checking components, reconciliation and reviewing in-process inspection paperwork
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.