Sr. Automation Engineer - PLC/Pharma/Food - SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!!
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo Nutritionals, located just outside of Burlington, Vermont has an opening for a Senior Automation Engineer. The Sr. Automation Engineer supports all aspects of Perrigo Nutritionals automation and control systems. Provide support and maintenance of manufacturing automation and control systems to minimize downtime. Identify and implement continuous improvement within Perrigo Nutritionals automation and control systems as well as modifying systems to meet new/changing process requirements. Support capital projects as needed. Work must be conducted in such a manner as to meet all FDA/GMP requirements. This position reports to the Process Automation Controls Group(PACG) Manager.
- Extensive experience modifying Rockwell Automation PLC and SCADA programs. Configuration of Rockwell VFD’s. Writing technical documentation such as: Functional Descriptions, Functional Specifications, Test Documents, etc. Responsible for the creation and modification of electrical controls related drawings.
- Perform control hardware firmware updates and manage firmware revisions. Maintain control software on all Process Automation PC’s, manage updates, manage maintenance agreement, etc. Provide 24/7 plant support with a strong understanding of all of Perrigo Nutritionals processes.
- Technical writing. Modify/generate Databases. Generate/provide extensive and detailed documentation to communicate work progress, engineering analysis/studies and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Complete project execution as required consisting of system design and programming, documentation management, vendor/contractor management, equipment procurement, project schedule and budget adherence, as well as installation and start-up support.
- Develop and optimize operation and maintenance procedures for instrumentation and control systems. Trouble shoot, correct problems and provide technical support for new and existing systems. Develop validation documentation and implement validation plans
- Continually updates knowledge of appropriate cGMP, FDA, PMO, 3A, USDA, ADA, GAMP, ISO, and other State and Federal regulations.
- B.S. degree in Engineering required. Professional Engineer license desirable.
- 6 years minimum Automation engineering and project design/management experience in food/pharmaceutical industry, preferably with evaporator/dryer manufacturing and automated packaging experience.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, multi-tasking and prioritizing under pressure.
- Work in changing environment where teamwork and collaboration are required with effective communication skills.
- Proven ability to develop and incorporate innovative concepts and technologies into functional processes.
- Ability to use and interpret analytical techniques to verify or select alternate design approaches.
- Excellent project engineering and project management experience.
- Extensive experience in the application development and troubleshooting using Rockwell Automation and GE iFix SCADA systems and standalone HMI applications.
- SQL and SSRS experience preferred.
- Highly proficient with SQL Data bases and SQL Reporting.
- Highly proficient with basic electrical codes and standards.
- Highly proficient with machine safety standards.
- Highly proficient with Automation networks including Devicenet, ControlNet and Ethernet.
Perrigo has a comprehensive benefits package. Including:
- Health, Vision, and Dental at reduced rates
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus
- Profit Sharing
- 401 (K) with Employer Matching
- Starting three (3) weeks of vacation
- Tuition & Gym Reimbursement
- Sign On Bonus available!!
- And More!
Internal applicants can apply by end of day October 22, 2021 to be considered.
Internal applicants' direct supervisor and senior management will be notified by the talent acquisition team upon candidacy.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.