Director, Tax Compliance
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The Director of Tax Compliance will lead the US federal, state and local, sales and use tax, and property tax compliance requirements for Perrigo. They will also lead the IRS, state taxing authority, and local income taxing authority audits in the US. Other duties include supporting the global tax provision process, tax planning, and M&A activities.
- Lead all domestic income tax audits including direct interactions with our taxing authorities
- Lead all federal, state and local tax compliance including, property, excise and benefit related returns
- Provide administration of all related processes, reporting and documentation requirements, communications with management and tax personnel regarding relevant tax elements that impact the company and drive continuous improvement
- Provide supervision for assigned staff including hiring, training, performance management, mentoring and development
- Plan, develop, implement and document processes to support US income tax reporting and domestic tax planning. Review and analyzes tax implications to achieve tax minimization strategy
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of US federal, state, and international tax compliance and related regulations
- Must possess a working knowledge of the professional accounting standards and internal control requirements
- Must have experience leading IRS, state, and local audits
- Proven experience leading an international organization through highly complex tax regulatory landscapes
- Proven ability to lead through influence, build strong teams and coach them to cultivate highly effective business partnerships throughout the Company
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Computer literacy and advanced skills in the use of SAP, Hyperion, Excel and CorpTax are strongly preferred
- These skills are typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance, a CPA and/or a Master of Tax is strongly preferred combined with 12-plus years of progressively responsible experience in public accounting, and/or detailed tax experience in a mid to large size corporation