Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
To provide technical support to Perrigo Minnesota’s Rx operations through the support and execution of equipment qualifications for the processing and packaging of drug products. This individual will be responsible for writing and executing qualification documentation for PMN’s formulation and packaging equipment to ensure consistent and compliant equipment operation. This individual will also assist with the management and execution of capital projects and continuous improvement projects. This individual will be accountable for technical design, development, configurations, architecture and integration of interfaces for automated process and packaging applications. Using standard project management software this role will also drive new equipment installations and continuous improvement activities.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor degree in a discipline such as Industrial, Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial, Computer Engineering or Packaging Science.
- Ideally, a candidate with 3-5 years of experience.
- Experience in drafting and executing of qualification documents (thorough equipment test procedures).
- Advanced understanding of engineering theory and fundamentals of equipment operation and demonstrate the use of complex principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Ability to communicate with Engineers about the equipment/project during the installation and equipment verification/qualification processes.
- Ability to schedule projects, including planning for all aspects of the project and preparation of activities to meet the designated timeline.
- Hands-on knowledge of production operations and associated control systems preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with quality systems in a FDA current GMP regulated environment
- Capital project management experience preferred.
- Experience in specifying purchasing and installing Packaging equipment is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge on PLCs, contols and automated systems preferred.
- Well-developed analytical skills including the ability to develop sound economic analyses with prudent financial judgment.
- Ability to work toward broad goals and to exercise initiative in identifying projects.
- Fully developed ability to maintain composure and patience during challenging situations and the ability to cope with shifting priorities and adapt quickly to remain productive.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, but in a technical manner.
- Ability to react to new demands, priorities, and challenges or obstacles in a resourceful and constructive way.
- Extra, nice to have experience on:
- Vision system
- Rx Serialization
- Pharmaceutical process equipment
- Facilities systems and construction Ability to act in an ethical and open manner, demonstrate uncompromising integrity, and set an example and direction for others.
- Domestic and International travel required.
Note: requires periodic use of multiple personal protective equipment including air purifying respirators.