Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Summary Description: The Machinist Mechanic will perform all aspect of fabricating large and small parts for all are equipment, costume project and work with other team. Machinist Mechanic are responsible for, but not limited to:
- Coordinate with production supervisor or manager when performance a project
- Training and guidance of identified issue on the production line or manufacturing
- Educate workers on exercising caution to avoid accidents and prevent injuries
- Second response to either resolve the issue or escalate the problem
- Properly and accurately communicate and document equipment related issues to maintenance department
- Support new equipment installation, line extensions, validation activities, process improvements and ESI feedback
- Conduct FATs
- Monitor equipment while running to assure optimal throughput
- Inform management of potential equipment issues/failures and suggest preferred course of action
- Perform other activities as deemed by Maintenance Manager or Plant Manager
The Machinist Mechanic must be versed in the following equipment types, but not limited to:
Welder, Plasma Cutter, Hydraulic Shop Press, Drill Press, Power Tools, Metal Lathe, Vertical Milling, Grinding/Finishing, Vertical and Horizontal, Saw, Table Saw and Bandsaw.
Additional responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Must be able to read and understand equipment parts blueprint electrical & mechanical
- Must be able to work different working schedule as deemed by business necessity
- Must be able to work extra hours with advance or no advance notification deemed by business necessity
- Must be able to read and write in English and fill out paper work.
- Must be able to lift materials/equipment weighing between 25-50lbs
- Request equipment parts by coordinate it with master mechanic, machine manual and filling the purchasing form with the right part number and provide the request to maintenance manager for final approval
- Coordinate routine maintenance and perform minor repairs together with maintenance personnel
- Support and lead process improvement initiatives
- Document activity in Area/Equipment Log Book
- Notify Supervisor when equipment is ready for operation
- Follow current good manufacturing practice
- Follow standard operating procedures
- Follow safety procedures
- Use proper tools
- Maintain equipment/area clean
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; bend; push; pull; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is our indoor manufacturing and packaging facility. Characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild to moderate.
Professional Qualifications: (List minimums or N/A)
Yrs. of Exp: 5 years working as a mechanic or lead mechanic in the preferred industry with a letter of recommendation from previous job preferred in the set-up area
Industry: Pharmaceutical, Food or Packaging industry preferred
Academic Qualifications: (List minimums or N/A)
College: 2 years of college in industrial or mechanical curriculum preferred, but not require if the candidate meets meet the 5 years or more of experience by providing a letter of recommendation
Other: High school diploma, GED and or 1 year of college