Manufacturing and Packaging Plant Operations Specialist Opportunity - Allegan
At Perrigo our mission is clear: To make lives better by bringing Quality, Affordable Self-Care Products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. With over $5 billion in sales and more than 12,000 people working around the world, Perrigo Company is a leading global Self-Care supplier. We develop, manufacture, package and distribute over-the-counter pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, active pharmaceutical ingredients and consumer products. With over five million square feet of FDA-approved manufacturing facilities, Perrigo offers a broad line of store-brand products that contain the same active ingredients as the advertised brand products--and we're the world's largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market.
Perrigo is hiring for multiple entry level Operations positions in Allegan, including positions on packaging lines, mix/manufacturing areas, and forklift drivers. After an application is completed, a member of the Perrigo Talent Acquisition team will reach out to candidates who possess the skills and background that meet the specific position requirements.
The available shifts for these opportunities vary, but will be one of the following: 2nd, 3rd, or 12-hour PM (nights) rotations. Position details and candidate availability for each shift will be discussed during a phone interview with Talent Acquisition.
Perrigo offers competitive wages based on experience, including off shift premiums, as well as a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid holidays, 3 weeks paid-time-off, a comprehensive wellness program with an onsite fitness center, tuition reimbursement, 401k employer matching and profit sharing program, and much more!
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- These positions will report to Shift Supervisors and range from Tablet Coating, Tablet Compression, Tablet Mix, Dispensing, and Packaging Specialist positions within all of Perrigo's Allegan locations.
- A High School diploma (or G.E.D.) is required and will be verified prior to employment start date
- Excellent attendance record and work history.
- A strong mechanical aptitude is highly preferred.
- All candidates who are offered employment will complete a thorough criminal background check and drug screen prior to employment start.
- Candidates must have the ability to work 40 hours per week with availability for overtime when necessary.
- Candidates must be available to train on various shifts which may be different from their normal/offered work shift.
- Must be able to fulfill all core skills within thirty (30) days or one (1) month and have open availability for training.
- A basic working knowledge of computers is required to perform necessary tasks such as finding and reading procedures (SOPs), and using computer terminals for documentation.
- Basic math and reading/comprehension skills are also required.
- It is a requirement that all Specialists have the ability to stand for the length of their shift, with breaks every 2 hours, which will amount to approximately 85% of the total shift spent standing and/or moving about the work area.
Consistently/Frequently – stand, walk, lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, stoop/bend, squat, kneeling, twisting, grasping, move items/boxes, feel with hands/fingers.
Occasionally – sit, lifting 50 lbs., pull and/or push with skid jacks 880 lbs., climb ladders, stoop/bend, squat, kneeling, twisting, reach, reach above shoulders and head.
Rarely – lift above shoulders and head 25 lbs.
Consistently/Frequently - exposure to loud noises/machinery, exposure to chemicals.
Consistently/Frequently - see (vision), hear, ability to read and write, ability to interpret information, basic math, reading and writing in English .
Please be aware you may experience exposure to aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen or other OTC (Over The Counter) medication dust as products are loaded into hoppers. These dusts may be considered sensitizers that could affect an individual who has allergies to such materials.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.