Commercial Strategy & Implementation Manager
The International export business unit is, relatively, a start-up but growing team tasked with commercialising and building Perrigo brands in new countries and territories across LATAM, MENA, Africa, Russia and Asia. It’s an exciting opportunity for a strategically commercial candidate with an entrepreneurial flair, and happy to be hands on and has a desire to build profitable brands from scratch – based in London, UK.
- Owner of relevant datasets; sourcing and analytical modelling to become the category and country expert enabling a ‘where’ and ‘how’ to win approach.
- Category strategy development and implementation across multiple countries, coordinating and influencing a complex internal matrix and external partners.
- Defines route to market strategy, targets and tactics (Channel, distribution), briefing, aligning and supporting local distributors.
- Defines sales fundamentals’ strategy, targets and best practice (Price, product architecture, merchandising, promotion), briefing, aligning and supporting distributors.
- Develops and communicates toolkits that enable selling the concept, clear commercial guidelines and distributor engagement / sales ownership, ensuring a strong buy-in and execution that adheres to Perrigo objectives.
- Develops strong external relationships with commercial counterparts, utilizing processes, forums, presentation and influencing skills.
- Owns profit margin by brand and category; leads SKU mix planning for optimum profitability.
- Tracking KPI’s vs. aligned targets; reports, analyses and recommends mitigation as needed.
- Leads projects as required and contributes to business development initiatives.
- Supports and inputs appropriately to business unit processes and procedures including business planning and annual budget preparation, project management and Stage Gate.
Key Skills and Experience
- Proven, strong analytical skills and thinking. Happy with numbers and able to logically translate data into opportunities and strategies.
- Strong stakeholder management skills; able to influence internal and external cross-functional teams despite language and cultural challenges.
- Commercial acumen with a track record of success; ability to understand and analyse category and retail commercial drivers.
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and complex situations. Can-do attitude and able to work proactively and independently with robust organisational skills.
- Passion and a good sense of humour.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience within product management / commercial marketing, or business development, or commercial strategy, or a combination.
- Your experience, ideally, from within Pharma or Healthcare.
This role is best suited for candidates looking to further develop and broaden their multi-country BD or central category experience.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.