Master Trainer - Production
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo is looking to add a Master Trainer to its Manufacturing Team. This position reports into the Production Manager.
The Master Trainer performs a key role in ensuring proper training and development of plant personnel in the areas of Safety, Quality, Operations, and Maintenance functions within the plant.
Ensures all employees have the education, training knowledge, and experience to effectively perform their jobs, and supports Perrigo’s compliance efforts through management of compliance training and record keeping.
The individual needs to be an experienced training professional with food manufacturing background who will ensure employees are properly trained to execute their job functions. In this role you will assess training needs, develop and conduct training to individuals in all areas and aspects of the plant.
- Deliver and facilitate training programs, supporting a 24/7 work environment (will flex 1st shift schedule to meet off-shift training needs.
- Conduct training assessments, develop and conduct sound training and assess outcomes.
- Partner with Safety, Quality, Operations, and Maintenance teams to provide support and meet training needs.
- Participate in the development of continuous improvement of training materials required to comply with the standards of the plant.
- Maintain training records and develop periodic status reports.
- Track and monitor training compliance including notification of needed training, execution and follow up, and communicate periodic status reports.
- Create a safe and fun learning environment that maximizes learning.
- Earn and maintain authorization to conduct learning events.
- Develop and maintain subject knowledge related to content of learning programs, class materials, participant manuals and events that the Trainer is authorized to deliver.
- Manage assigned programs including program development, ongoing maintenance, deployment and support.
- Identify, prepare and collaborate with employees and management staff locally and across organization to identify and employ best practices.
- Provide feedback on the training programs to appropriate staff about areas for improvements.
- Monitor and adhere to the master schedule of learning events.
- Modify behaviors, as appropriate, based on training feedback
- Remain abreast of the training industry (including adult learning, instructional design, e-learning and performance improvement) to provide clients with learning leadership, being fully aware of the most current learning trends and tools available, and share with other trainers
- Execute other training and development responsibilities as assigned and as required by site and/or client base
- Ensures corporate and departmental and contractor training requirements are met and all required training is completed, documented and filed to maintain cGMP compliance. Designs, updates and develops training curricula and items such as OJT’s, courses, and department specific training programs including training materials, OJT’s, curriculum, sign off sheets and any other required materials.
- Works with subject matter experts to create/update procedures and conduct cGMP training/design as required.
- Partner with external departments to address corrective actions pertaining to procedures and writing/coordinating cross-functional controlled documents/planned deviations.
- Supports/may conduct new hire orientation and facilitation/Training
- Conducts annual audits of all training curricula in affected departments to ensure continuing compliance to all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Monitors training reporting and facilitates the overdue escalation process.
- Manages document control process for the plant.
- 3-5 years’ experience in training, instructional design, or related experience including understanding of training methodologies, curriculum development and demonstrated soft skills (attention to detail, communication skills, critical thinking, time management, confidentiality etc.)
- Experience in a dairy, whey or infant formula setting directly related to spray drying production.
- Established understanding of theoretical fundamentals of blending and spray drying infant formula/dairy products and demonstrate the use of standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Hands-on knowledge of production/packaging operations and associated control systems preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with quality systems in an FDA current GMP regulated environment as well as capital project management experience strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in MS office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Perrigo has a comprehensive benefits package. Including:
- Health, Vision, and Dental at reduced rates
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus
- Profit Sharing
- 401 (K) with Employer Matching
- Starting three (3) weeks of vacation
- Tuition & Gym Reimbursement
- And More!
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.