Principal Scientist - Infant Nutrition
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality, affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The Principal Scientist applies technical expertise and complex methodologies to conduct and/or design experiments in support of internal customers for various projects. As appropriate, the Principal Scientist may serve as project leader to manage analytical support for projects with minimal supervision.
Other Key Responsibilities will include:
- Performs evaluation and application of modern analytical techniques and trains analytical colleagues/staff in conducting experiments.
- Develops novel analytical methods in support of product and process development.
- Verifies, designs/develops and validates robust analytical methods for infant formula, fortified foods and raw materials with emphasis on volatile organic compound extraction, identification, and quantitation.
- Manage technical transfer of new and improved analytical methods to Quality Control (QC) or 3rd parties.
- Assist QC analysts with troubleshooting, training, atypical testing situations and investigations.
- Perform peer-review of analytical laboratory data, notebooks, reports, protocols, etc.
- Participates in industry initiatives (e.g. AOAC); liaises with regulatory, academic and compendia sources for analytical method development, validation, etc.
- Develops/drafts documentation to ensure compliance with cGMP (e.g. analytical methods, standard operating procedures, work instructions).
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry or related science with 10+ yrs relevant professional experience, OR Master of Science Degree in Chemistry or related science combined with 6+ yrs relevant professional experience, OR Doctoral degree in Chemistry combined with 4+ yrs of relevant experience.
- Preference for candidates who have extensive analytical chemistry credentials and are experienced in advanced odor and taste characterization.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good verbal, technical writing, organization, computer, and presentation skills, well versed in various analytical techniques such as LC, GC, GC/MS, LC/MS, UV/Vis, Fluorescence, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, and well versed in analytical method development and validation.
- Prior experience working with Empower, Chemstation, Mass Hunter, design of experiments, infant formula, dairy products, flavors/fragrances a plus.
- Work effectively with others, work efficiently with minimal supervision, manage multiple projects, push to conclusion, multi-task, learn new techniques/skills, critical thinking/problem solving, good attention to detail, work in fast-paced environment.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.