Sr. Financial Analyst - Customer Accounting
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The Sr. Financial Analyst – Customer Accounting role for the Consumer Self-Care Americas Division is responsible for monitoring and ensuring liability and payment amounts for all gross to net customer sales programs are appropriately reserved and accounted for at the product level and in accordance with US GAAP. Customer sales programs could include: direct and indirect rebates, billbacks, administrative fees, fee-for-service payments, floor-stock-adjustments, volume incentive rebates, guaranteed supply and service level penalties, commissions and various promotions. The Sr. Analyst will work directly with the business and finance to document liabilities and manage the balance sheet and reporting. Such payments total over $160M annually. Incumbent will use a variety of tools including contract documents, SAP queries and reports, and Excel calculations in determining the proper amount for each liability. The Sr. Analyst will also collaborate with the Medicaid rebate team to ensure the necessary division related information is available and in the proper format for government compliance.Responsibilities:
- Determine payment amounts for numerous complicated customer sales programs including, direct and indirect rebates, billbacks, administrative fees, fee-for-service payments, floor-stock-adjustments, volume incentive rebates, guaranteed supply and service level penalties. Work directly with members of the business and finance teams to ensure all items are booked at the correct level. Complete required paperwork to ensure timely recording of sales programs and compliance with all policies and regulations.
- Manage the accrual process for sales programs in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Perrigo Policies. Prepare monthly calculations and reconciliations in accordance with Perrigo policy.
- Work closely with Perrigo’s Accounts Receivable department to resolve issues, including unauthorized deductions taken by customers and other disputed claims.
- Research and resolve any discrepancies uncovered during the monthly reconciliation process.
- Prepare analysis and standard reports for the business team.
- Applicants must possess strong technical, analytical, process and communication skills.
- Strong computer proficiency with advanced knowledge of Excel required.
- Experience in the OTC pharmaceutical or similar industry, specifically in the area of customer rebates, promotions, or sales program accounting is preferred.
- Familiarity with SAP queries is preferred.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
- These skills are generally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or closely related discipline combined with at least 4-6 years professional experience.