Assistant Marketing Manager - Ranir
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are looking for an Assistant Marketing Manager. This role will be based at Ranir a Perrigo company. Grand Rapids location, reporting to one of our experienced marketing directors. This Assistant Marketing Manager role is responsible for strategic and marketing related activities related to the development and commercialization of our oral care products/ We are targeting a candidate with 2-5 years prior experience working with CPG products and experience working cross-functionally to bring products to the marketplace.
The Assistant Marketing Manager will support strategic and marketing related activities related to the development and commercialization of new products and implementation of changes to the current product portfolio. This role will require frequent collaboration with cross-functional teams to launch new products and product changes on time and on budget through our internal stage gate process, as well as deliver the selling tools necessary to ensure successful introductions. This role will leverage consumer and market insights to develop business recommendations and strategic decisions that result in strong product performance for retailers.
The selected candidate will have a strong marketing background, ideally within a traditional CPG organization, with an understanding of both the consumer and retail businesses. The ideal candidate should have prior consumer product marketing experience and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist Customer Marketing Director in bringing new product innovation to retailers and consumers in a cost-effective manner – actively managing the commercialization of the new product pipeline.
- Support Customer Marketing Director in retailer, consumer, and market trend analysis to better understand consumer and market opportunities.
- Manage packaging artwork requirements (copywriting, artwork direction and approvals), online initiatives, and promotional vehicles.
- Develop and manage selling tools and communication with Sales organization utilizing voice of the customer research throughout.
- Coordinate across several departments, as well as external resources, to support initiatives and execute projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Marketing, Communications, or related field of study required.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in consumer-packaged goods marketing with a track record of success in product development. Financial analysis and budget management at the project level required.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing research (quantitative and qualitative), developing consumer insights, data analysis, and the ability to take insights/concepts to market. Proven ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations from disparate data sources.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional partners to communicate expectations and achieve desired results.
- Proven history of developing successful new products from end-to-end, from ideation through to go-to-market strategies, working closely throughout with product development, operations and sales teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to present to executive level leadership, successfully work with peer group, and communicate with frontline organization.
- Ability to work with speed in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands to quickly deliver customer solutions to market.
- Strong proficiency with PC skills such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and with the ability to quickly learn various in-house software applications as needed.
- Ability to travel as needed.