Marketing Manager - Healthy Lifestyles
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are currently looking for a Marketing Manager to join our Perrigo Marketing Team. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for the management and growth of the Healthy Lifestyles category. It is expected that this individual be able to work from our new, Grand Rapids headquarters three days per week. This individual must be a thoughtful and aspirational leader, one who is adept at building, communicating, and executing a vision, strategy, and plan for a category that is a global priority and key growth platform at Perrigo.
Position responsibilities include:
- Chart a strategic course for the category that fits within the overarching corporate strategy, then build and share a compelling story to rally our sales organization and communicate with our customers about that vision.
- Lead development and execution of all messaging, creative, and production required for commercial programs.
- Build channel strategy, inclusive of traditional retail and ecommerce.
- Analyze product performance and leverage marketplace data to identify category and consumer trends and translate findings into actionable plans.
- Establish KPIs to measure impact, with the ability to analyze and utilize them in the decision-making process and provide optimized solutions based on results.
- Partner in the development of a product roadmap based on category and consumer insights and in alignment with the strategy, then champion and lead the new product development process from concept through launch.
- Leading ideas through the stage gate process to successful deployment, including development of sound business cases to support investments and project management to deliver on key project milestones.
- Develop compelling selling materials, which may include new product launch material, marketing promotion recommendations and consumer insights, focused on increasing sales and share.
- Actively collaborate with Commercial Strategy, Sales, cross-functional teams, and external partners to bring the strategy and plan to life.
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
- Manage and develop one direct report.
- Up to 20% travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field (MBA preferred).
- Minimum 8 years relevant marketing experience.
- Good understanding of marketing principles, and a natural curiosity and passion for understanding the needs of consumers and customers.
- Strong sense of urgency, even when managing complex initiatives with long lead times; adaptability and flexibility to meet changing priorities and adjust to different management styles.
- Biased toward action. Takes initiative, can hit the ground running and move projects forward right from the start. Entrepreneurial instincts with clear bias for informed action and track record of leading new initiatives with limited resources and support.
- Resilient problem solver. Can build consensus even if all team members may not be in agreement. Can find creative solutions and common ground in order to move key initiatives forward.
- Comfortable in fast-changing, fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Strong drive for results and ability to display leadership, decision-making and analytical skills, effective communication, strategic thinking, self-motivation, and a passion for the consumer and the customer.
- High levels of interpersonal skills, specifically in the area of influencing without direct authority, resolving conflict, and creative problem solving.
- Proven analytic skills. Must be comfortable mining and analyzing data, then developing clear and actionable conclusions/recommendations.
- Experience working with syndicated data (i.e., IRI, Nielsen).
- Experience in product management with P&L exposure and understanding.
- Proven track record in developing and leading new product ideation and execution via stage gate process.
- Experience developing strategic brand / product plans, such as communication campaigns and commercialization strategies that break from the category and drive sales.
- Clear, concise and persuasive communication style that compels to action. Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical abilities, and attention to detail.
- OTC and/or pharmaceutical industry experience
- CPG industry experience
- Tobacco/nicotine industry experience, which could be traditional nicotine or nicotine replacement
- IRI/Nielsen experience
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.