Corporate Innovation Manager - Weight Management
We are excited to be recruiting a Corporate Innovation Manager for our Weight Management category. This position will ideally be based at one of our locations in Belgium, Netherlands, or Spain (other European locations may be considered). The purpose of the role is to identify and develop new product development opportunities in order to broaden the company’s European product and brand portfolio. The Innovation Manager is also responsible for the scientific, clinical and technical support of the European portfolio.
The Weight Management Category focuses on providing clinically-proven, often plant-derived and safe products for the treatment and prevention of overweight and obesity. We are a market leader in the OTC weight management category in Europe.
- Identify new products for the Category and lead the New Product Development process from idea to market entry.
- Provide scientific, clinical and technical support for the Weight Management product portfolio. This includes writing scientific rationales, clinical summaries and claim supports.
- Translate the latest trends into innovative propositions for new Weight Management products (by seeking new ingredients, new formulas, new galenic formats, keeping track of new clinical studies,…).
- Assess and screen all new worldwide opportunities in collaboration with local markets and turn them into practical development opportunities.
- Lead the cross-functional Category team by bringing your Marketing, Regulatory, Quality & Sourcing colleagues together and driving alignment between stakeholders through the management of the Category team meetings.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Science, Pharmacy or Medicine. PhD is considered a plus.
- Minimum 3-4 years (Innovation Manager) or 5-7 years (Senior Innovation Manager) of relevant work experience in a similar role
- You have a strong scientific background as well as a strong affinity for brands, marketing and consumer goods.
- You are an entrepreneurial analyst with creative ideas and a strong sense for analysis.
- You are a well-organized communicator who is able to lead and take control.
- You are able to efficiently plan & structure your work in the face of commercial pressure.
- You are experienced in project management
- You have experience to work in cross-functional teams composed of Marketing, Quality, Regulatory, Supply & Innovation.
- You have a basic understanding of the legal & regulatory aspects of Food Supplements and/or Medical Devices.
- You have good search skills to track down new product innovations online, in scientific databases and through up-to-date partner networks.
- Prior experience with development of plant-derived products or botanicals is a plus.
- You will occasionally travel to the various European regions where Perrigo is operational.
- You enjoy working in a multinational and diverse environment
- You are fluent in both written and spoken English.
- You will be working in an international team, which means you will be collaborating remotely. As a result of this, the employee can be located in various European locations, depending on their preference.
- Prior knowledge of Perrigo is considered a plus
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.