Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Provide comprehensive engineering support for the day-to-day operations of the plant. Work closely with Safety, Quality, Production, and Maintenance to help troubleshoot, determine root cause, and develop actions to reduce or eliminate issues from reoccurring. Lead troubleshooting and improvement efforts in the plant. Design and complete capital projects as needed during these efforts.
- Work on the plant floor with specialists, supervisors, and other plant personnel to trouble-shoot complex technical problems in the plant.
- Lead OEE and process improvement teams to reduce downtime, increase throughput, and improve the processes in the plant. Include Safety, Quality, Operations, and Maintenance on these improvement teams.
- Provide technical knowledge, expertise, and leadership for the resolution of plant issues and in making process improvements.
- Work with Technical Operations Team to troubleshoot formulas and help with investigations related to formulas/products.
- Complete risk assessments, change controls, and validations as needed for projects and process modifications.
- Lead the design and execution of capital projects in the plant.
- Work with Corporate Engineering to support large capital projects in the plant and assist with the development and implementation those projects.
- Ensure successful completion of projects on time and within budget.
- Assist with selecting equipment, specifications, documentation, procuring of equipment, and help coordinate installation and start-up activities for systems and equipment.
- Organize and generate relevant data and prepare project scopes, cost estimates, economic justifications, and capital appropriation requests, as required, to obtain management approval.
- Ensure the fulfillment of Perrigo Quality requirements for compliance with cGMP regulations including equipment qualification (IQ/OQ/PQ) and change control activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or similar
- 6 years’ experience preferred in a dairy, whey or infant formula setting directly related to spray drying production.
- Established understanding of theoretical fundamentals of blending and spray drying infant formula/dairy products and demonstrate the use of standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Hands-on knowledge of production operations and associated control systems preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with quality systems in a FDA current GMP regulated environment as well as capital project management experience strongly preferred.
- Well-developed analytical skills including the ability to develop sound economic analyses with prudent financial judgment.