Shopper Marketing Manager – Nutrition
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are currently looking for a Shopper Marketing Manager with omni-channel experience to join our Nutrition Business Unit. With the shopper at the core of everything we do, this role is a critical member of our Marketing Team and a key partner with our Sales Organization when it comes to driving awareness and purchase of our brands. This position will be located in Charlottesville, VA.
The Shopper Marketing Manager will own the strategic vision, program development and execution of omni-channel plans at the account level to deliver against the goals of our Nutrition Business Unit. This individual will unlock meaningful shopper insights that differentiate our products with our key Customers and work closely with our account teams to drive conversion at shelf (brick & motor, and digital) thereby helping deliver Business Unit sales and share objectives.
Knowledge, Experience and Education:
- 6+ years of proven performer experience in Marketing or Shopper Marketing within CPG industry – healthcare/self-care experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or closely allied field, with an MBA degree preferred.
- Experience in shopper research methods and activating shopper insights in a retail environment preferred.
- Experience working closely with Sales organizations and Customers to execute programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge regarding both qualitative and quantitative research techniques and point of sale analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to work across many teams to drive outcomes with insights.
- Superior communication skills and the ability to visually tell a story
- Ability to multitask several projects at once with strong project management skills.
- Activate shopper/consumer learnings: Drive measurable outcomes and application of insights with our customers and stakeholders. Continually educate the organization on today’s shopper and customer needs and the anticipation of tomorrow’s demands.
- Leads the management of a variety of strategic and creative projects across agencies and vendors. This may include briefing the shopper marketing agency, evaluating strategy and creative, communication across key stakeholders.
- Support innovation strategy of Store Brands and Insurgent Brands: Collaborate with marketing managers in the organization to fuel new shopper-led ideation capabilities that uniquely drive shopper demand at our platinum customers.
- Collaborate with other marketing resources (Public Relations, Medical Marketing, Digital Marketing, eCommerce) to build out comprehensive programs that engage consumers and convert shoppers in meaningful and effective ways.
- Manage a shopper marketing budget, with responsibility for both working and non-working dollars
- Leads development and share out of program measurement, evaluation, and analysis, ensuring results are utilized to influence future programs
- Sales & Marketing Consultant: Builds and maintains multi-discipline relationships within the organization and with the retailer, including developing and delivering presentations to gain buy-in and to drive results. Create learning agendas and research recommendations that will optimize category understanding of shoppers across the full path to purchase. Maximizing research spend through thoughtful research design and prioritization of stakeholder needs.
- Some travel required - less than 10%.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.