Manual Toothbrush Operator 3 - 2nd Shift
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTY EXAMPLES:
- Know all SOP's on parts inspection. Visually inspect parts produced and separate parts for rework or rejection. Attendants must be able to identify problems, including but not limited to the following: staple height, round ending, hot stamp, light/missing tufts, nicks, and wild strands. Perform brush checks according to the established schedule.
- Gain proficiency in the operation of all machines and packing toothbrushes into blisters. This includes but is not limited to learning how to: sharpen the driver tip, operate the FLS (fiber loading system) controls, load fibers, change wire, and clean out machine. Must maintain over 100% efficiency while operating and packing on a cell of machines.
- Read and follow work orders to produce brushes with the appropriate specifications and quantities. Check work order against materials to ensure proper item numbers are in use.
- Set up and operate cello bagger and scale. This includes but is not limited to: changing film, air hookup, conveyor hookup, calibrating the scale.
- Accurately complete all paperwork required by the job. Enter production information (production amounts, scrap) into the computer.
- Perform simple troubleshooting including but not limited to the following problems: jam at entrance, driver safety, waiting for handle, empty turret clamp.
- Perform complex troubleshooting and setups, such as: wire jam, setting up die, installing foil, changing wire, adjusting temperature control and dwell time/pressure control settings, customer changeovers (backers, blisters, etc.), adjusting anvils, reset turret not 90 degrees and PSS 280. Identify the various locations to check when machine problems are not obvious (ex. SB10, etc.). Manually operate walking bridge, set to home position, and reset counter. Learn how to replace shrink tubes.
- Train employees on operation of machines (while operating machines).
- Learn to act as an assistant to the Team Leader and run the shift on an ad hoc basis. This includes assigning operators to machines, conducting team meetings, and performing brush audits.
- Complete duties related to the operation of the team:
- Sweep and clean around work area in order to maintain a safe and orderly environment
- Participate in team meetings and work with the team to achieve department goals
- Recommend suggestions that will improve profitability or the safety of the personnel
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral work instructions in English, such as safety, quality, and GMP guidelines
- Work 3-9 months as a Level 2 Operator for the Bristle machines
- Successfully pass the internal certification process to move from Level 2 Operator to Level 3 Operator for the Bristle machines
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.